Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a repair person or Service that is experianced at repairing Minn Kota Trolling motors. It seems as if a set pin in the head is missing (my guess). I know that Wonderland Marine is a authorized service center, but my dealings with them have always been poor at best. ( I bought my boat from them) and I would prefer not to use them. Im in the St Clair Shores area.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had problems with the local repair centers (not wonderland) on my motorguide and tackle service center in Indiana got the job done. I'm pretty sure they do minn-kota work but not positive. Talking to them on the phone, they knew what they were doing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mark E,

Give Bill in service a call @ Wilson Marine
1-517-546-3774

They fix them in- house instead of sending them out!

Good luck.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Here is an authorized Minn Kota repair man near you.

EMPIRE ELECTRIC INC.
8338 ANCHOR BAY RD.

ALGONAC, MI 48001

Tel: 810-794-8992

Fax: 810-794-8993

I here he is good but I don't know first hand.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not sure when you last did business with Wonderland but over the last 3 years I've had no complaints. Glass work, lower unit, trolling motor and routine maintenance. Didn't purchase my boat from them and have nothing to gain by recommending them, just a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I took in a one month old Minn Kota Maxxum to Wonderland last year (came on the strat I purchased from them) to have it fixed. Got it back in one month...and, WHEN it worked, it only ran in high gear. I'd avoid their MK warranty work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
jcheetam,what was the problem with your motor that it only ran at high speed?I took my trolling motor(motor guide)into Bass Pro's service center they had it all winter long(said they were going to send it out to some guy on the west side of the state,but he died)they never bothered to call me to tell me they didn't send it out and therefore didn't have anybody to fix it (until I bitched),anyhow some guy at Bass Pro(older guy)tried fixing it and all it did was run at high speed(and still does) so I 'm curious of what the problem was with yours.

·
Registered
467 Posts
What's up bronzeback?! The problem was that it ran in High Speed AFTER it was "fixed". Prior to that, it didn't run at all...I had everything but the shaft and foot pedal replaced to even get it to run on high...BTW if anyone is looking for a slighty used MK Maxxum 65SC, 42" shaft, I know someone selling one CHEAP...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Anthony- I've sent you a couple emails to your aba address and they are bouncing back to me as undeliverable...I'll bring the motor to the tourney on Sunday so you can take a peak.

Wags- Anthony has first dibs, but I'll send you a shout out if he isn't interested...

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

My entire network crashed this weekend. Massive virus somehow got past my firewall and virus protections and caused an ungodly headache.

All fixed now and running well but it was a mad dash to save all my files.

My e-mail is up and working now.

I'll look at it at Kent.

·
Registered
10 Posts
QUOTE(Mark E. @ Apr 27 2004, 02:51 PM)Can anyone recommend a repair person or Service that is experianced at repairing Minn Kota Trolling motors. It seems as if a set pin in the head is missing (my guess). I know that Wonderland Marine is a authorized service center, but my dealings with them have always been poor at best. ( I bought my boat from them) and I would prefer not to use them. Im in the St Clair Shores area.
[snapback]229688[/snapback]​

hi my name is john cornish, i own coastline power&lighting formerly empire electric i am an authorized service center for minn kota located in algonac call me at 810 794 5951 I would be glad to help you out.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
QUOTE(aquaholic 1 @ Mar 7 2005, 10:59 AM)QUOTE(Mark E. @ Apr 27 2004, 02:51 PM)Can anyone recommend a repair person or Service that is experianced at repairing Minn Kota Trolling motors. It seems as if a set pin in the head is missing (my guess). I know that Wonderland Marine is a authorized service center, but my dealings with them have always been poor at best. ( I bought my boat from them) and I would prefer not to use them. Im in the St Clair Shores area.
[snapback]229688[/snapback]​

hi my name is john cornish, i own coastline power&lighting formerly empire electric i am an authorized service center for minn kota located in algonac call me at 810 794 5951 I would be glad to help you out.
[snapback]309312[/snapback]​

How about that. Ask a question and the guys at LSCN.NET not only answer it, but they bring them right to you.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
QUOTE(jcheetam @ Apr 27 2004, 08:04 PM)I took in a one month old Minn Kota Maxxum to Wonderland last year (came on the strat I purchased from them) to have it fixed. Got it back in one month...and, WHEN it worked, it only ran in high gear. I'd avoid their MK warranty work.
[snapback]229753[/snapback]​

Sorry you had problems with our service, Did you call us and let us know it still was not working?

We now have a new service manager and all new service policies. I would love to hear from you on what trouble you had with the service on your trolling motor and give me a chance to make it right with you. We are a factory authorized
Minn Kota Repair Facility and can repair all trolling motors in House.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Chris...that problem is long gone. However, if you really want to get involved, I'll send you a PM about my current situation with service...

·
Registered
398 Posts
has anyone had the problem of their trolling motor not going to the left or the right?? i have a power drive 55 and it wont turn to the right but everything elese works fine. new pedal perhaps??
thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts