Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out of Harley Ensign at 7:30 am and started fishing west of the Salt in 68 degrees of gin clear water. No floating weeds were present but no fish were either. We fished 5 to 8 fow. Went near Grassy in the scattered weedbeds where casting a brass red eye drew a slam at boatside from a 30 inch northern. Looked as though he was hit with a prop on his back but he was fiesty. My brother in law had another 7lb pike hit his jointed rapala at boatside but ended up losing it. Water temp near Grassy was 67 and the water was a little silty. Three passes with only those 2 fish made us move to B bouy where it also was 68 degrees, silty and had some floaters present. Still fishable though. Trolled a couple super shads around the perch jerkers and drew no takers, Didn`t see much jerkin of the rods either. Called it a day at 1 pm. Not much action but a beautiful day none the less. Next stop will be Erie on monday.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I fished in the most southwest corner of the dumping grounds, Canadian waters. I caught five walleye today, none larger than 2lbs. The surprising thing is that most of them came on a firetiger kwikfish tipped with a worm. Years ago that's all most people fished with. You never know!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks for the post. I'll be on Erie, too. Over by Erieau for 2-3 days. I'll post when I get back. Never fished there before, hope the weather is good.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ya Mike. You must be after those Erieau steelhead. Good luck and post the results. I`ll be fishing the Fermi, Stoney Point, Brest Bay area for some tasty `eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts