Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got off work around 5AM went to stony around 630 and decided to rent a row boat at 7AM

Very foggy so had no idea where I was at the time for awhile.

Caught around 20 Bass a few 13's and the rest over 14 according to tape

Also had a surprise Northern Pike land, but before I could ask him for a picture he said see ya.

Tried many lures, but went back to my wiggle warts, and landed them all on that. One is the color in the image, and the other was pinkish.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Nice job.
Wiggle warts are one of my favorite bass lures on inland lakes during the summer.
It's too bad that when Rapala bought out Storm they discontinued some of the colors, perch is my fav wiggle wart color & they don't offer it no more.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
nice..... i love stoney
this year has been better then most years there. every time out there this year for me i caught some nice walleye pike and bass even got a 32" channel cat

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 10 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice..... i love stoney
this year has been better then most years there. every time out there this year for me i caught some nice walleye pike and bass even got a 32" channel cat

Not to steal a post, but when i head out to stoney, which i've done a few times i cant seem to catch anything.... What are some good spots to fish offshore at?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(MECDave @ Jul 10 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got off work around 5AM went to stony around 630 and decided to rent a row boat at 7AM

Very foggy so had no idea where I was at the time for awhile.

Caught around 20 Bass a few 13's and the rest over 14 according to tape

Also had a surprise Northern Pike land, but before I could ask him for a picture he said see ya.

Tried many lures, but went back to my wiggle warts, and landed them all on that. One is the color in the image, and the other was pinkish.

i was out there that same morning i think i seen you guys in the row boat i was in a blue smoker craft with the two rods trolling harnesses for walleye then a third rod i was casting for pike

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(Nickh @ Jul 10 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 10 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice..... i love stoney

Not to steal a post, but when i head out to stoney, which i've done a few times i cant seem to catch anything.... What are some good spots to fish offshore at?

i dont fish off shore much any more but i see ppl do good from the south dam

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 10 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was out there that same morning i think i seen you guys in the row boat i was in a blue smoker craft with the two rods trolling harnesses for walleye then a third rod i was casting for pike

Were you the one with the large net standing straight up trolling around near me in the fog?

Actually it was just me in the boat trying to see how much rowing I could handle, before my back said it had enough

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Nickh @ Jul 10 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not to steal a post, but when i head out to stoney, which i've done a few times i cant seem to catch anything.... What are some good spots to fish offshore at?

I have tried shore fishing but without much luck. I would try as mentioned, and go near the south dam. The weed growth is getting horrible out there for shore fishing. I did see them using the weed muncher the other morning out in the water.

Now I did fish with my popper late on 4th of July waiting foe the fireworks. Caught a nice largemouth that danced out of the water, and then released it. The audience behind me waiting for the same fireworks loved it, and started clapping.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(MECDave @ Jul 10 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 10 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was out there that same morning i think i seen you guys in the row boat i was in a blue smoker craft with the two rods trolling harnesses for walleye then a third rod i was casting for pike

Were you the one with the large net standing straight up trolling around near me in the fog?

Actually it was just me in the boat trying to see how much rowing I could handle, before my back said it had enough

nope i was the other guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts