Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Tim, Tina, and Richard (Lake Norman, NC) wanted to thank everyone for making them feel right at home and soooo welcome. My brother (Pocket Guns) and I spent Friday night at the Beach Grill with Richard Rudisill, a reporter/photographer from Lake Norman. He was greatful for all our hospitality.

I was bummed about the Lake Norman Donzi breakdown and the fact that nobody stopped by to help or even offer to help, not counting Dailey Interest and DI Firstmate. They were great peeps that had a great time, but I could see a few LSCN boats fly by without a second glance. That was F.U.

Regardless, the first thing Tim and Tina said, was that they didin't think we could break the record and that we didn't know (yet) how to throw a raft party. But as soon as they got in the Gauntlet, it was "Holy Cow! You guy's really know how to party and you have us beat, hands down."

Thanks to all the LSCNer's that met and greeted them, I would never remember everyone, but it was alot of you. Mostly, Capt Rob and Antoinette and co. for feeding us at the last minute. You guys and the Mooses or would it be Meeses? (One moose, two meese?) for your hospitality, ZMAN for hooking them up with the JN swag...

Made me proud to be an LSCNer. They were thoughroughly impressed and thankful for our hospitality.

THanks to my brother, Diane, Johhny "the pirate" Tocco, Brian and Kathy Klinik for hosting them and showing them a great time.

Pocket Guns for MAYOR!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(miaphoto @ Aug 8 2004, 02:51 PM)I was bummed about the Lake Norman Donzi breakdown and the fact that nobody stopped by to help or even offer to help, not counting Dailey Interest and DI Firstmate. They were great peeps that had a great time, but I could see a few LSCN boats fly by without a second glance. That was F.U.
If that was the boat that had smoke pouring from the engine compartment by the South Channel lights between 9:30 and 10:00 in the morning that I passed, there was already 5 or 6 boats that had stoped to assist before I got there. If he would have been by himself, I would have stopped.

Hopefully it wasn't anything major.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it was about 6pm by the SC Lights

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're back home now, weeping I'm sure...

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Hey....we would have helped! as I'm sure many others would have, too. Did they get on 69 and ask any of us for help? I know there were many that met them during the day.

We saw Rich walk by and we introduced ourselves....he didn't stop for cocktails/food...He was on a mission with his camera!!!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We felt bad we could not have done more. Once we saw you (miaphote) on board talking on the cell phone we figured you were calling for help. We did not want to pull up to close since the lake was pretty choppy.

threecrabs, not sure if they called for help on the radio. Both of there battries were dead.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Mia, thanks for bringing them out, it was nice of your and your bro to do so. We did manage to have a couple drinks with them.

That blows that nobody helped the Donzi. We were in the Moot until 9 am Sunday morning, I had no idea they were broke down.

Now for my liver to recover.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had a great time on Saturday and was out there on Sunday as well - winding down on Sunday and dealing with seperation anxiety from what I think was the best day of the summer - Saturday ! I'm very proud to know that I am surrounded by people who live alive, can plan and take action, and stick together to pull something like this off. Hats off to all who were part of the planning and especially those who were good enough to take the day and dedicate themselves to getting the forms filled out. I'm sure there were other behind the scenes people who deserve a thank you as well - Thanks to All ! You were and are appreciated. As for distress on the water - I have been boating on these lakes for 15 years and there is a code - we stop for any boat in distress. Any boat that is in distress, any time - period. We do stick together - obviously ! If there is no indicator you are distressed because you are just floating - get on "69" and let someone of us know or if life threatening "16 with mayday". If batteries are dead use a cell phone or raise the orange distress flag that has a black square and a black circle on it - most people do not carry this aboard but it is also known that if you fly your country flag upside down - you are in need of help. Safety equipment on board should include a good operating flashlight, a whistle, and a bell that can all be used for night distress. It is a boat operators responsibility and very important that we all know the waters, know the boating rules of safety, and are operating with the same maritime code. That is how we stay safe and are able to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would venture to think that an engine cover up, boat floating in choppy water and someone waving their arms should suffice.

Well, the time down was well spent. We got to talk a bit and all was great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would venture to agree ! Passing someone up who is in distress is not an option. If a person can't help - they need to get someone who can. I'm sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I am sorry to hear of this Mia photo. I would have helped, but unfortunately I had already left and was at home by 5 pm, thus missing the situation. I always stop to help out another boater.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
We headed out about 6. Didn't see him broke down

I would've been glad to stop and help

Sorry I didn't see you guys

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks anyways Makowish...great to meet you and your fiance' thursday night....

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
It was great to see the boat from Lake Norman! I talked with them breifly and they were at "AWWWW!"

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Gotta give some "ups" to Tim and Tina for trailering their boat up from Lake Norman, NC for this monumental event. They trailered a 33' Donzi. I'm sure alot of you saw the yellow Donzi with the "LakeNormanRaft up.com" graphics on it. Everyone that stopped by, was extremely nice. Thanks again LSCNers for being sooooo classy and well behaved.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(miaphoto @ Aug 9 2004, 05:21 PM)Gotta give some "ups" to Tim and Tina for trailering their boat up from Lake Norman, NC for this monumental event. They trailered a 33' Baja. I'm sure alot of you saw the yellow Baja with the "LakeNormanRaft up.com" graphics on it. Everyone that stopped by, was extremely nice. Thanks again LSCNers for being sooooo classy and well behaved.
It was the LAST thing I expected to see at our raft, and I did feel very proud that they thought enough of us to come see for thier self!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hmmm.... I don't think I know anyone on here at all that would intentionally not stop to help out anyone else in need...anyone... especially if they knew someone was in need. We've been helped out many a times and have helped others out many a times. Would never think twice about not stopping if we knew something was wrong. I'm sorry that you feel or others have made you feel like ignoring a stranded boat is the typical attitude.

Nice to meet the lake norman representatives!!... glad you guys made it home safely!! ...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(miaphoto @ Aug 9 2004, 06:21 PM)They trailered a 33' Baja. I'm sure alot of you saw the yellow Baja with the "LakeNormanRaft up.com" graphics on it.
I thought it was a "Donzi" not a Baja????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts