Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Need Some Help... I Want To Instal Another Batery In My Boat, Curently Only Have One. I Cant Have Them Sitting Next To Each Other. It Has To Be On The Other Side Of My Boat, About 5 Feet Away From The Existing One. Is There Any One Who Can Help Guide Me Thru This Instalation?.. Im Planning On Installing A Onboard Charger Also. How Do They Work And Whats A Good One To Get?

Its Going To Be 2 Deep cycle 12 Volt Batteries. What I Want To Do Is Be Able To Run My Lowrance GPS And FishFinder While My Main Motor Is Shut Down And I Am Trolling With My 9.9 Johnson Kicker Motor. I Still Want To Have Enough Power To Start Up My 125hp Force When I Decide To Move Or Head In. Once I Head In I Want To Be Able To Charge The Batteries With Out Pulling Them From The Boat... For Instance, When We Go Down To Steerling State Park I Want To Be Able To Back My Boat In To The Camp Site And Plug Something In That Will Charge Both Batteries For The Next Day.

Thanks For The Help.

·
12,052 Posts
Hope this helps. I drew it quick. Use minimum 10 gage wire for charging, and battery cable for the battery switch and starter. If you use a 2 bank charger it will have 2 terminals for 2 batteries. You will have to pick up an isolater for the charging wire from the alternator to isolate the 2 batteries. It will keep 1 from getting overcharged and also 1 from getting drained. There is instructions on the package. All items available from any boat supply store.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Great Diagram Hammer! Should help these guys out.

Note: good battery charges are not cheap. To replace mine, was estimated at $600. Good thing it was covered under warranty.

In a drawing, I would like to see color coded lines (red and black and green for ground)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts