Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've never really traveled north on the St. Clair River. I'm hosting a dinner/boat trip Friday evening and I'm just lookin' for any do's and don'ts if there are any. I'm assuming that this is a pretty straight forward trip, right? We'll be dining at the River Crab. BTW, is the food any good? Any info would be great!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
The food is awesome; great atmosphere, too....

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I haven't heard anything good about that place just bad. I worked up the street from it and my employees told me it wasn't very good food for a Chuck Muer restaurant.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
I have been there many times and have always liked it...I take clients there a lot and have absolutely no complaints...it is, IMO, as good as all of the other Chuck Muer restaurants...

G

·
I've been there once and had a great meal. I don't know if I'd dock there though because at the time, the docks were not protected from the river traffic and you get some huge boats running hard at kind of half-plane. This is from their website - "Amenities such as pick-up and drop-off shuttle service from the St. Clair City Boat Harbor and Airport are available for transient guests." I think that would be a better option than trying to dock at the restaurant.

http://www.muer.com/rivercrab.html

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill, thanks for the input. Is the restaraunt right off the St. Clair River, or is it down a canal somewhere? And if it is on the River, is it hard to dock with the current in that area? Your thoughts.....

G

·
I don't know what docking is like, but the restaurant is right on the river. I'd give them a call and get their input. There is a very shallow middle ground out in the river you should watch out for also and is on the chart right at St. Clair.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It's right on the river. I remember that there is one well just behind a break-wall but it was in disrepair. Other wells right on the river but be sure to back in and use 4-way mooring.

·
Registered
954 Posts
You will be docking on the river, Boat wakes and freighter wakes all the time. And as mentioned be aware of the middle ground. If you stay in the channel your fine when your going through the city of St. Clair. You'll know your there will the Salt Plant by the Pine river.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jul 28 2003, 03:06 PM)I don't know what docking is like, but the restaurant is right on the river. I'd give them a call and get their input. There is a very shallow middle ground out in the river you should watch out for also and is on the chart right at St. Clair.
Stay to the American side of buoys 48 through 54 and you won't beach your boat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts