Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
deceided togo to riverbends park today at 22 & vandyke & hooked up with 2 pike. On was 18in & the other was 24inches. Used a tube w a jig head on the little guy & a rapala on the other. Caught both pike to the left of the bridge about 30 yard. Seen a few guys steelhead fishing & they said they had only caught 2 in 3 hours of fishing...overall solid trip & I'll be back before the season ends in 5 days.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
At riverbends park, is there parking kinda close to the river, or is a hike to the river from where we can park?? I need a close walking distance because of a disability I have with a fake knee right now (tempory I hope). ALSO, do you think there a some holes in the river there where I can catch some suckers???
Thanks for any info you can give me.
IGGY

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 10 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At riverbends park, is there parking kinda close to the river, or is a hike to the river from where we can park?? I need a close walking distance because of a disability I have with a fake knee right now (tempory I hope). ALSO, do you think there a some holes in the river there where I can catch some suckers???
IGGY
yeah, forsure. ive seen ppl sucker fishing there before and its about a 100yard + or - walk to the bridge. To the left of the bridge is where there is some deep holes that prob holds suckers. U wanna go down the hill where theres a pavilian on the left and horseshoe pits. Walk down the hill and youll c the bridge and theres also more good spots in that area. ya cant miss um. goodluck

·
Registered
383 Posts
QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 10 2010, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At riverbends park, is there parking kinda close to the river, or is a hike to the river from where we can park?? I need a close walking distance because of a disability I have with a fake knee right now (tempory I hope). ALSO, do you think there a some holes in the river there where I can catch some suckers???
IGGY

Fish Seafood Wood Ray-finned fish Tail

i might be able to help you find suckers. or i should just quit fishing for em. i dont keep em, i just think theyre fun(and easy) to catch. i easily caught 50 in three hours today on the clinton river. my arms are actually sore.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
At river bends its a tough walk to the river even for me without a disability. Maybe a 250 300 yard walk after a steep downhill climb and over wet soggy ground. I don't think the suckers are in good yet I would say best spot for you would be that big hole under the bridge at the parking area across from Yates. Good luck......

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
Thanks for all the replies! Billdozer, whre are you catching them on the river if you don't mind letting me know? If you want to PM me, I would appreciate any tips. I want to get a few of them to give to my son who is gonna smoke them for us, plus they are really fun to catch too. I usually do good at Riverland park, but I think it's a bit early there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(iggy @ Mar 11 2010, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all the replies! Billdozer, whre are you catching them on the river if you don't mind letting me know? If you want to PM me, I would appreciate any tips. I want to get a few of them to give to my son who is gonna smoke them for us, plus they are really fun to catch too. I usually do good at Riverland park, but I think it's a bit early there.
the bends isnt a 300 yard walk down a steep muddy hill!! They built a new bike path that leads right to the river so u dont have togo down a steep hill or through any mud, but i do agree with him thats its prob over 100 yards but its easy walking if u take the bike path

1 - 8 of 8 Posts