Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone happen to see the pic of Riverside in Lakeland Boating. Not a big deal but pretty cool. The classic boat picture is in the calander of events. Everyone is welcome to come check out the boats and grab a free lunch. If you have a classic bring it out......

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
What is considered classic? Does my 30 year old Chris Craft qualify?

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Well, I visited Riverside for the first time today and it was great! I FINALLY know what 'knots' are!!! They are much smaller than I had pictured, but you get LOTS of them in an order (very filling!)

Isn't the rule for a "classic" is that it is over 20 years old? (counts for cars!). Therefore, my 83 Carver should qualify, right... it even has lots of teak on it if it also needs to have wood to be considered "classic"!!

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Riverside deserves an article in Lakeland Boating. What you (Mike, Catherine & Laura) have done out there is outstanding and great for the Flats and the island. The store/restaurant adds so much class and character to an area that has so much history, it is awesome.

Great job!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Aug 14 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Riverside deserves an article in Lakeland Boating. What you (Mike, Catherine & Laura) have done out there is outstanding and great for the Flats and the island. The store/restaurant adds so much class and character to an area that has so much history, it is awesome.

Great job!

Are you trying to get some free knots?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(KMC @ Aug 13 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well, I visited Riverside for the first time today and it was great! I FINALLY know what 'knots' are!!! They are much smaller than I had pictured, but you get LOTS of them in an order (very filling!)

Isn't the rule for a "classic" is that it is over 20 years old? (counts for cars!). Therefore, my 83 Carver should qualify, right... it even has lots of teak on it if it also needs to have wood to be considered "classic"!!

An order is the same size dough ball as a medium pizza.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(47chris @ Aug 13 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did anyone happen to see the pic of Riverside in Lakeland Boating. Not a big deal but pretty cool. The classic boat picture is in the calander of events. Everyone is welcome to come check out the boats and grab a free lunch. If you have a classic bring it out......
I forgot to mention the date in this original post. The boat parade and show are this Saturday
(Labor Day weekend). If you have a classic and want to be in the Parade call Schienders Marine or Robert Henkel on Harsens Island or just show up at Schienders about 9am. The boats line up and drive by Sans Souci about 10am ish.
Then 50 or 60 return to Riverside for a show/party from 11am to 1pm. Free Winters hot dogs, Faygo and Better Maid chips....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Also, if you haven't been, the HI Turkey Shoot is a festival sponsored by the HI Lions Club. They have a Vegas tent, live bands, etc. So if you're without a boat, or weekending anywhere on or near the island, come enjoy the festivities & you can go over to Riverside for food!

Harsens Island Turkey Shoot
Friday: an antique boat parade at 10:30 a.m., parade from St. Mark's Church to Lions Field. All days: Vegas room, trap shooting, bingo, children's games and activities, raffles, live music.
When:
Sept 5, 6, 7, 2009
Sat, Sun, Mon

Where: Harsens Island Lions Club (details) 230 La Croix RoadHarsens Island, MI 48028Phone: 810-748-9710
Price: Free admission; charge for some activitiesPhone: (810) 748-9276Sponsors: Sponsor: Harsens Island Lions Club.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
QUOTE(Rizzo @ Sep 4 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Aug 14 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No. Just giving credit where credit is due.
Never been there Bill... Might try this weekend... How big a boat can you get back in there?
NP with a 42?

I draft 38" and can get in there, but it's VERY shallow on the entrance. Kinda tight if there's a lot of boats, but you can manuever around a bit if you have to wait for the pumps or something. i took the north entrance in and the south entrace out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
QUOTE(Rizzo @ Sep 4 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Aug 14 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No. Just giving credit where credit is due.
Never been there Bill... Might try this weekend... How big a boat can you get back in there?
NP with a 42?

Rick, Baker takes his 55' Sunseeker in there, just use the east entrance (the right one) and you will be fine. I go in there no problem.

hammer

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Wow! What a good time! Got to see some *VERY* cool boats, eat some knots, and meet some peeps on here like Convincor, Four_winns, Roxy and his three very cute "captains-in-training". Sorry I didn't introduce myself to you Mike, but we certainly enjoyed your hosting the event out there!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
It's on the south channel, just south or west of where it merges with the shipping channel cutoff. Do a search on here and you will find charts that folks have posted.

It's on a little canal behind an island with houses, so you can't actually see it from the river. There are two entrances... one to the north/east and one to the west/south. The north/east entrance is right by a lighted green and white tower (bouy) that is labelled "F G 24f 1 "13" " on the charts. The chart shows two little bouys marked "1" and "2" for the entrance but they are NOT there.

Check it out... it's a great little place for gas or for a snack...try the KNOTS

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.