Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been to Riverside many times, great people and great food but we were a little disappointed this weekend. We spent Friday night on the hook with a small group of boats and in the morning wanted to run a wave runner to Riverside to pick up breakfast, they said there were not serving breakfast due to the antique boat parade, fine we got knots for breakfast.

Sunday afternoon we were going to run over there for a pizza and they were closed?

We spent the night again on Sunday on the hook and on Monday we thought we would give breakfast a try again so we called to phone in an order to be told it was at least an hour wait for an order at 10am? We had hungry kids that could not wait.

·
Registered
528 Posts
QUOTE(scepter @ Sep 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have been to Riverside many times, great people and great food but we were a little disappointed this weekend. We spent Friday night on the hook with a small group of boats and in the morning wanted to run a wave runner to Riverside to pick up breakfast, they said there were not serving breakfast due to the antique boat parade, fine we got knots for breakfast.

Sunday afternoon we were going to run over there for a pizza and they were closed?

We spent the night again on Sunday on the hook and on Monday we thought we would give breakfast a try again so we called to phone in an order to be told it was at least an hour wait for an order at 10am? We had hungry kids that could not wait.

Riverside is a popular place and it isn't that big. We expect to wait when we go there. If your kids are hungry and can't wait, then you have to go elsewhere I suppose. I would guess they closed Sunday to have one day off over the holiday weekend.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Holiday weekend, Island full of people, small establishment.....you do the math. We always plan on waiting when we go there, its just part of the experience when you go there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It is always good to call ahead of time, they take phone orders as well. On busy week-ends, 1+ hour wait is common. Also, they have been known to run out of dough, food, etc, or just be closed. More so at the end of year when they are trying to get rid of invetory. No prob, just call before hand..

Riverside: 810-748-8805

I'm having a left over knot right now we brought home with us...mmmmm tasty

·
Banned
212 Posts
QUOTE(scepter @ Sep 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday afternoon we were going to run over there for a pizza and they were closed?

Dude, give 'em a break. It's a small, family business. Appreciate it for what it is. They work hard and deserve time off. Plenty of places were closed Sunday AND Monday. Next time, go to Denny's or McDonald's if you are in a hurry.

I, for one, support Riverside and will defend them. Nobody's perfect except you, apparently.

·
Registered
235 Posts
All I know is that on Monday we call in an order as we have in the past-they said 1 1/2 hours and it seems like it is the "standard line lately". When we got there, we were told "ten more minutes" and another hour later they had or order. If it is going to take 3 hours- Just tell us. Swatting the bees on the tables outside is starting to get old for many of us that were there this week-end. Many in the group don't think they cook the meals 'till you show up and ask for them-please set the record staight!

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(scepter @ Sep 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have been to Riverside many times, great people and great food but we were a little disappointed this weekend. We spent Friday night on the hook with a small group of boats and in the morning wanted to run a wave runner to Riverside to pick up breakfast, they said there were not serving breakfast due to the antique boat parade, fine we got knots for breakfast.

We were there Sat. and Sun afternoon by jetboat and no problems. Icecream was GREAT!!
guess if your kids were hungry, you should have gone out prepared and brought them something to eat.

·
Banned
212 Posts
QUOTE(scepter @ Sep 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday afternoon we were going to run over there for a pizza and they were closed?

Dude, give 'em a break. It's a small, family business. They work hard and deserve time off. Plenty of places were closed Sunday AND Monday. Next time, go to Denny's or McDonalds if you are in a hurry.

I, for one, support Riverside and will defend them all the way. Nobody's perfect except you, apparently.

...and relax, it's 'knot' the end of the world.
Take some time, enjoy life.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
QUOTE(petep @ Sep 8 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All I know is that on Monday we call in an order as we have in the past-they said 1 1/2 hours and it seems like it is the "standard line lately". When we got there, we were told "ten more minutes" and another hour later they had or order. If it is going to take 3 hours- Just tell us. Swatting the bees on the tables outside is starting to get old for many of us that were there this week-end. Many in the group don't think they cook the meals 'till you show up and ask for them-please set the record staight!

I would not think they cook all the meals in advance... and I don't think I'd like it if they did. There are so many different kinds of knots and pizza toppings, I don't know how they could anticipate which ones people would order.

Some people have described Riverside and Harsen's as being "a step back in time". Next time you're there, put your order in, get a drink and go for a leisurely walk around the place and check out boats and cottages!! Your food will seem like it's done in no time.

·
Registered
235 Posts
We are at Riverside just about every week-end in the summer with many different size groups from our club and my only point is if we CALL AHEAD on the phone and Place OUR order to be cooked for us ( I did not imply they should pre-cook anything) How can they be an hour off? I would rather be running around in the Flats on the boats than sitting there waiting. Look, If it takes two hours Just tell me and I will be there in two hours.....

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I think this was the first real decent summer weekend we've had and they were swamped.

Someone could make a killing with a float up McDonalds on Harsens.

Myself, if I ever win the lotto I plan to put a Hooters on LSC that you can get to by boat like Bay City has.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
QUOTE(Bored @ Sep 8 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(scepter @ Sep 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday afternoon we were going to run over there for a pizza and they were closed?

Dude, give 'em a break. It's a small, family business. Appreciate it for what it is. They work hard and deserve time off. Plenty of places were closed Sunday AND Monday. Next time, go to Denny's or McDonald's if you are in a hurry.

I, for one, support Riverside and will defend them. Nobody's perfect except you, apparently.

I get supporting Riverside but ease up there my friend. This person never claimed to be perfect. I think it's fine to let people know that Riverside is not fast food and they should expect a wait.

·
Banned
212 Posts
[/quote]

I get supporting Riverside but ease up there my friend. This person never claimed to be perfect. I think it's fine to let people know that Riverside is not fast food and they should expect a wait.
[/quote]

Yea, I guess I was kind of grouchy. Didn't eat lunch yet and was reminded how hungry I was

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
QUOTE(petep @ Sep 8 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are at Riverside just about every week-end in the summer with many different size groups from our club and my only point is if we CALL AHEAD on the phone and Place OUR order to be cooked for us ( I did not imply they should pre-cook anything) How can they be an hour off? I would rather be running around in the Flats on the boats than sitting there waiting. Look, If it takes two hours Just tell me and I will be there in two hours.....

+1. I love Riverside, and don't mind waiting when I show up, but when I call in an order, simply meeting expectations that they placed is pretty standard stuff!

·
Banned
212 Posts
QUOTE(petep @ Sep 8 2009, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are at Riverside just about every week-end in the summer with many different size groups from our club and my only point is if we CALL AHEAD on the phone and Place OUR order to be cooked for us ( I did not imply they should pre-cook anything) How can they be an hour off? I would rather be running around in the Flats on the boats than sitting there waiting. Look, If it takes two hours Just tell me and I will be there in two hours.....

Eh, they probably forgot about it and didn't want to admit it
Has not happened to me so far.

I don't mind the wait, stuff happens, just be honest so i can plan accordingly.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 8 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think this was the first real decent summer weekend we've had and they were swamped.

Myself, if I ever win the lotto I plan to put a Hooters on LSC that you can get to by boat like Bay City has.

Good luck! I tried in 1994 at the old Sail Inn property....

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
There used to be a Burger King boat on the river at St Louis...not sure it ever moved anywhere though. I just looked on the aerial shots and don't see it anymore.. was going to post a pic.

There's a Hooters on the water in Bay City??? Hmmmm.... that's only about seven hours by boat for me... hmmmmm.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Sep 8 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 8 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think this was the first real decent summer weekend we've had and they were swamped.

Which one?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(Bored @ Sep 8 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(scepter @ Sep 8 2009, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sunday afternoon we were going to run over there for a pizza and they were closed?

actually, scepter is perfect, in his own mind, and you will realize this too once you meet him

QUOTE(Mini @ Sep 8 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 8 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think this was the first real decent summer weekend we've had and they were swamped.

at one time you had to sign a franchise agreement with hooters that you don't open just one, it had to be like a 5-6 resturant plan, most of the michigan ones are owned/franchised by the same entitity i do believe

and the hooters on the water in bay city is the best in michigan, the girls are avg. at best but the location is awesome, its how hooters should be....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.