Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
No fog, sun, 74 degrees, not one wave, perfect ride!

11:50 am Left Linwood Beech (Hoyles Marina)
02:15 pm Port Austin (Fuel)
07:50 Belfours, North Channel (Fuel)
09:30 Harbor Club North

The boat was GREAT, the crew was GREAT and the ride was GREAT!!!!!

Thanks Mini, your post it really helped!!!!!!!

Nice ride Bob! Good times......

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with Capt'n Rob, it could not have been any better! The seas were soooo calm and the weather was great. I didn't even hit anything while docking in HCN! It was my first docking so I was a little nervous.

A fair warning to any other LSCN boaters out there....if you have a hailer, don't let Capt'n Rob play with it!

I took 80 some odd pics of the maiden voyage. When I get back from many family functions tonight, I'll post some of the cool pics! There is a good one of Capt'n Rob too that he doesnt know about yet!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Bob, I can't believe you caught me napping!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Great shots! Got any of yourself Bob. I'm trying to put a face to the name. I've met quite a few members and a few friends of Rob's. Also what kind of boat did you guys go pick up?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
WOW! Awesome pictures!!!! I love the one Rob took from the bow, looking back. I want a pict of our boat like that!

Beautiful boat! And that water was like glass, huh? Congrats and thanks for sharing these great pics!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'll post a better pic with me in it. I was taking most of them so I'm not in too many.

Campari, I also love that shot looking back! Looks really cool. Just make sure you don't try that when its rough out! You can see how smooth the water was in these pics, awesome trip.

It's a 32' Bayliner.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Looks like he don't remember the trip home!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Eaton007 @ Jun 16 2003, 12:37 PM)Campari, I also love that shot looking back! Looks really cool. Just make sure you don't try that when its rough out! You can see how smooth the water was in these pics, awesome trip.
Yeah, that could be a bit tough to do. I'm guessing I won't get that pic in the area between Metro and the Clinton River. Damn, what's up with that water there?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Campari @ Jun 16 2003, 01:02 PM)QUOTE(Eaton007 @ Jun 16 2003, 12:37 PM) Campari, I also love that shot looking back! Looks really cool. Just make sure you don't try that when its rough out! You can see how smooth the water was in these pics, awesome trip.
Yeah, that could be a bit tough to do. I'm guessing I won't get that pic in the area between Metro and the Clinton River. Damn, what's up with that water there?
The entire area from Clinton River east to Strawberry south east to gull west to Metro and then north to the Clinton is the worst area of the lake due to HEAVY boat traffic. You should try it some Saturday afternoon in a bass boat.....OUCH!

Mini

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jun 16 2003, 01:07 PM)The entire area from Clinton River east to Strawberry south east to gull west to Metro and then north to the Clinton is the worst area of the lake due to HEAVY boat traffic. You should try it some Saturday afternoon in a bass boat.....OUCH!

Mini
No thanks, I can't stand it in a 24 footer. Even early in the morning when the rest of the lake is flat as can be, that area is a little churned up. Too bad it's the only way to get from point A to point B for most of us. Then again, that IS the problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts