Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning by myself and got my limit of rockbass behind Selfridge. I did not start fishing until 9:00 A.M. and had my 25 rockies at 11:15, and even threw back a few small ones in between. I also got into some sunnies today but all too small to keep. Caught one bluegill and exchanged him for one of the rock bass since he was a real nice gill. I was trolling just off the rocks and concrete pieces along our shoreline behind the base, just out far enough for my prop not to hit some rock. Single hook harness blade with beads, no weight at all. They tore it up!! I tried some minnows today too under a bobber and on a drop shot rig. No takers at all. Even went out a bit deeper with the minnows and nothing biting. I cleaned too many rockies the past few days, so I went out with the intentions of going out today, getting my limit and give them to one of the shore fishermen at the launch site canal, which I did. The guy and his wife really appreciated the fish that I gave them.
I caught four smallies out there today, in real tight to the rocks while trolling. The biggest one tied my PB for length. It went exactly 22"". I have no idea on what it weighed but was a great fight. Take your kids out there & they will really enjoy the day fishing for those rock bass. Some guys don't eat them, but I think they are o.k. I prefer perch, gills or sunnies, but I eat the rockies too. To each his own I always say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts