Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting those interested know that there is a rockbass tourney that's gonna be held on July 16th. It is posted on the Michigan Sportsmens site. I will post the details here, but PLEASE do not ask me for any other info. I am posting what I read in the original post and I do not know anything more. If you want more info, go to the MS site and look it up and ask the original poster any questions that you may have.

DETAILS:

Sign in 6:30 A.M - 7:00 A.M. on July 16th at the Selfridge DNR ramp. The tourney will launch at the Selfridge DNR ramp immediately following the sign ins.

$20.00 per team, two (2) man team
Can fish from shore as well as from a boat
Tourney starts at 7:00 A.M., weigh-in 12:00 noon
Top 5 rockbass will be weighed for each team
1st place = 40%
2nd place = 30%
3rd place 20%
10% to cover the costs of the tourney
This tourney is permitted thru the Mi. DNR
All of Lake St. Clair waters is the legal waters for the tourney

Anyone NOT interested, just ignore this post. Some guys may want to enter, and the negative, childish comments are not needed nor wanted on any fishing sites. Like stated above, I have no further information. If you need more info, go to the MS site and ask away. For thos that enter this tourney, good luck to you and your team!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rock bass. Two words. You should enter since you seem to be good at catching rock bass more than any other species. My money would be on you. The smell when you clean them should get your appetite raging 😂 This is a good tournament for people who don’t have much luck catch anything else, or for kids who like a lot of action.
Thank you for the kind words, sir. And a very special "thank you" for the spelling lesson on how to spell rockbass. I appreciate that. Yes, I do catch more rockbass than any other species on Lake St. Clair, and yes they are about the stinkiest fish there is to clean, but I do enjoy eating rockbass. Pretty good table fare in my opinion and easy to catch. The main thing is that my grandson will have a lot of great memories about fishing with his 'Papa', even if the catch was ALL rockbass.

Hope to meet a lot of you out there tomorrow. Good luck for those that enter this ''made for fun'' tourney.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nine boats were actually entered. I guess one backeout because of trouble with his boat. My grandson and I won third place out of the 9 boats. Had a good time trying, but we did not do that well at all. The first place winning team caught their rockies in Canada by Fawn Island, and I understand the second place winners rockies were also caught in Canada. We took the third place prize, but yes, we were the first place winners from the U.S. side of the pond!!! I know we do not have the fish here like they do in Canada, so we did real good as a team. I will re-enter the tourney again next year. It is a cheap price to pay for the quality time spent together with my grandson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts