Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, February 28 at 10 a.m

OZZfest 2004 Tour Announced for DTE Energy Music Theatre on August 17
OZZfest, America's top summertime concert festival featuring Ozzy Osbourne, is coming to DTE Energy Music Theatre on Tuesday, August 17. Doors open at 9 a.m. The event comes bearing two stages, 14 hours of heavy metal music and main stage headliners such as Judas Priest, Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Black Label Society, Superjoint Ritual and more

Rod Stewart to Perform at DTE Energy Music Theatre
By popular demand, Rod Stewart returns to metro Detroit for a second performance of his "From Maggie May to the Great American Songbook" tour at DTE Energy Music Theatre on August 18

·
Registered
387 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Feb 26 2004, 02:02 PM)Tuesday

Like ozzy but would rather miss work for boating or vacationing!
I couldn't have said it better.

Who in their right mind keeps planning these things on weekdays...yet a lone a TUESDAY!!! Is Ozzy trying to promote a non working young American Society?!?

Seriously though, I think it's time for Ozzy to hang it up. Last year he was looking pretty rough. I can't imagine him being any better this year after his 4-wheeler accident and all.

Although, Slayer and Judas Priest (with Rob Halford) do make it awfully tempting.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEBayley Posted on Feb 26 2004, 09:28 AM

Who in their right mind keeps planning these things on weekdays...yet a lone a TUESDAY!!! Is Ozzy trying to promote a non working young American Society?!?

Seriously though, I think it's time for Ozzy to hang it up. Last year he was looking pretty rough. I can't imagine him being any better this year after his 4-wheeler accident and all.

C'mon now!!!!!!!!!! I've been to 2 of the last 3 Ozzfests, Ozzy is still the king of all that is heavy metal, one of the originators, the "Prince of Darkness" and even though you can't understand him during a normal conversation....
he still puts on a great show!!!!! It's what he's all about, and it's for the people (fans) not for himself like soooooo many others!!!!!!

Did I happen to mention I like Ozzy???

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey, I love Ozzy as much as any other long hair burn out form the 80's... which is why I think he should hang it up. I remember seeing him in 1992 on the "No more tours" tour. This was after his "retirement tour" of 1991 and then later his "retirement sucks" tour.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEBayley Posted on Feb 26 2004, 01:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, I love Ozzy as much as any other long hair burn out form the 80's... which is why I think he should hang it up. I remember seeing him in 1992 on the "No more tours" tour. This was after his "retirement tour" of 1991 and then later his "retirement sucks" tour.

Oh, I see what you're saying. I do get a little nervous that he may fall off the stage while shuffling around.

Did you ever get to see him while Randy Rhodes was still living??? I saw him just before he had the plane crash.........I believe it was the Blizzard of OZ tour. Too long ago to remember for sure.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I was in third grade during the Randy Rhodes era... a little before my time.

Would have loved to have seen him though.

As for Ozzy these days, it's pretty sad seeing him year after year, getting worse and worse. I really hate saying this, but it's true. Don't even get me started on what empty-V did to him.

Actually, I would have loves to see in the 70's... with Tonni, Geezer and Bill Ward!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Wow! The Ozzfest lineup is fantastic this year!
Ozzy, Slayer, Priest, Hatebreed, Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Lucana Coil.. Awesome!

Lucana Coil kinda reminds me of Evanesence with a heavier sound. they have a chick singer too.

If I go, this will be my 5th or 6th in the past 6 or 7 years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts