Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to maptech to see if i could get from the Sni to Anchor Bay. What do you guys think?

The depths stay in the 2-3 ft range, same as listed for the Moot and I still get in and out of there no problem. My observation is that the depth numbers on the maptech charts are about 1.5ft lower than actual.

This yellow route starts at the end of the Sni and ends at the Middle Channel outlet to Anchor Bay.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
WHY NOT GO OUT THROUGH THE NEW BALTIMORE CUT?? DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE GOING THAT COULD BE A WAY. ALSO OUT THE END OF THE NORTH CHANEL.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Done it some years ago......Don't think you can now........Take a jet ski up in there and see. Only way to know, but I wouldn't take a chance with my boat.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
ALSO IF YOU TAKE THAT ROUTE HUG THE WEED LINE ON YOUR LEFT UNTIL YOU SEE THE MARKERS THEN SHOOT ALMOST STREIGHT ARCOSS BEFORE YOU HEAD OUT INTO THE BAY

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually, i would to prefer to exit on the south end.

also, i thought from looking at charts that the baltimore cut was even more shallow. i'll go back to the charts and check again.

gus

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Madmax @ Aug 26 2003, 08:00 PM)It cost me $ 525 in April ( towing ) but water level is much better now
what???

did you get stuck?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I came out of there in a 25' Sea Ray 3 weeks ago.
It is very shallow. I went slow, motor up, stayed to left by the weeds as far as I could, and then STRAIGHT out as far as I could. But we all got so hot, going slow, I just headed for Sand Island anchored, went for a swim and then headed for the lighthouses from there. AND in case your wondering my props in great shape....still

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(gcalan @ Aug 26 2003, 04:15 PM)QUOTE(Madmax @ Aug 26 2003, 08:00 PM) It cost me $ 525 in April ( towing ) but water level is much better now
what???

did you get stuck?
Yes , second day on water. Few days later about the towing protection for $59.90

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
It's REEEEALLY SHALLOW coming out of there!!

We take the Jet Boat there to swim. It's about 2' deep w/cool water & white sand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts