Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was set to have my boat pulled out this afternoon but the weather forcast was not so good. 20-30 mph winds and such. My wife called and changed it to Friday at 8 am. For me to get there and battle rush our traffic from Oxford I would be on the road for 1-1/2 hours or so. I called the lady to change the date and she was a total inconsiderate BIT&&. Now do I have it backwards or something, I am the customer, I cant waite to go there and see them in person the Stuff will hit the fan. She started telling me that she would not change just because I did not want to get up early
Who the F*** is she GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. thanks for letting me vent
BTW I get up at 5 am every workday.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
They were nice to me. Let me right in without asking my name or who I was there to see or anything.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
My friend keeps his boat there and he gave me his pass so we can use the pool. I go in all the time with no problem. Funny thing is they think my name is Duane!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I feel for you. I'm so tired of customer service. People are completely rude. I had a major problem with Lands End a couple years ago when having my boat put in for the season. Damage to my boat (they never paid for) and work that was supposed to be done that wasn't and they refused to do. The service manager was a complete jacka$$, called me and my husband liars although we had documents proving we weren't. Hmmm, great service!

Good story - needless to say, will not go back.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Sep 24 2003, 12:53 PM)She started telling me that she would not change just because I did not want to get it up early
BTW I get it up at 5 am every workday.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
every time we have work done at kean's that requires the boat to be taken out of the water, keans makes us pay the haul out fee (usually around $200!!) up front. this makes it very difficult to have our mechanic coordinate the work because one of us has to be there to pay the haul out fee.

the ridiculous thing is that at the time we were even using the keans mechanic!!

also... at harbor hill we were trying to get gas early in the season and the gas attendant didn't want to have to pull the hose across the boat so he made my buddy pull the boat out of the slip and turn it around and back the boat into the gas well. well the wind was blowing hard and my buddy was having trouble backing the boat in cause we have a single screw boat. the attendant was a total a$$ we pulled out of the gas well full throttle and left a pretty nice roostertail for the jerk attendant to think about.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(pirlgirl @ Sep 24 2003, 12:24 PM)QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Sep 24 2003, 12:53 PM) She started telling me that she would not change just because I did not want to get it up early
BTW I get it up at 5 am every workday.

thanx for making me laugh pirlgirl....and thanx for the other stories you peeps are the greatest

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
Be carefull what you say about Markley!!!
there are people in LSCN that tell the marina office about every post about them!!!
it has happened to me more than once.
They know who they are.....
friends of liveaboard Mike.
not friends of us in here

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
Are you serious why would someone do that? Oh well if they are telling them things that I post cool, they are doing my work for me
I am the customer, I pay my rent and I will not be talked down to by some two bit clerk in an office. I make more money in a day then she makes in a week.
hey pacaderm i will need some shrink wrapping in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(fatcat660 @ Sep 24 2003, 03:49 PM)Are you serious why would someone do that? Oh well if they are telling them things that I post cool, they are doing my work for me
I am the customer, I pay my rent and I will not be talked down to by some two bit clerk in an office. I make more money in a day then she makes in a week.
hey pacaderm i will need some shrink wrapping in a couple weeks.
fatcat, pacaderm, yeah wannabee's mess up everything.
she wants to be important, but she basically answers the phone and writes down in pencil a message, this grant them the power to be rude, inconsiderate, and plain out a dumba$$........

customers are not right anymore, cause seems there are 100 more people lined up behind us that want to be treated rude with their services anymore, they are f-in us.
and laugh about it.
So Sorry about your bad dealings, good luck with them making it up to you, and to the tatle tale / lurker / ect....
your a loser. So tired of little weasels like this in today's society.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wow, here I thought I was the only one who's had it with rude, ignorant, no-brained, dimm witted, horse faced, buck toothed, monkey a$4'd, telephone operators.

I dragged my boat from I75 and I696, all the way over to the 2bit fly by night horses a$$ of a shop just outside of Selfridge. I had to go after 4, which means rush hour traffic, through construction, in the rain.

After listening to Billy Joe Bob talk to his buddy Bubba, he graces me with his time. Now, I had called an asked if they could do the winterizing on my boat, as ell as storage. The dim wit said yes and quoted me a price. When I got there and stood with my thumb buried up my arse for 20 minutes he tells me a whole different story.

UUUUGGGGHHHH, fortunately this is America, so I took me and my boat somewhere else.

What these neanderthals fail to realize it's much easier for me to find another place to go. I truly enjoyed writing my check knowing that that other place didn't get not one red cent!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I see I am not the only one with this type of problem. I asked the people at my marina to hook me up with someone that does glass repair. I have a few chips on the bottom in the gelcoat to have fixed. Now, I am not blaming the marina people. They have been great with everything. But this guy, who went over and looked at my boat the day after he was called, has not yet called me to give me a quote on the repair. Its been almost 3 weeks. Well, I am calling Sparky tomorrow. The people at the marina have even called this guy several times to remind him to call me and still nothing. Guess he is so busy he doesnt have time to even tell me he cant do it. Must be nice to be so secure in your job.

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
yeah fatcat
they dont seem to have the same consideration for customers anymore
i have been at my marina for about 9 years now
and have spent about $35,000 to park my boat
you would think that means something nowadays
loyal customers....
oh well
shrink soon!!!
R