Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Wow, glad it didn't hit that boat that went in front of it!

That happened over here in Bouvier Bay in the mid 90's. The guy flew off his offshore & drowned, the boat ran around in circles for a couple hours til it ran out of gas. I could hear it out there & was wondering who was running so hard, so early, on a Sunday morning, for that long. Family called & said they saw it on the news, runaway boat. Yep, wear your lanyards!!!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I wouldn't have jumped in the water DIRECTLY in front of the boat to go rescue it. What if the wake from the rescue boat dislodged it from the rocks and it ran right over ya??? I know who thinks of that in a situation like that... Sad to see though. Hope no one was hurt.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Sep 8 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Suprising it goes so straight for so far.

Hydraulic steering . ..

·
Registered
491 Posts
QUOTE(SKUZA @ Sep 8 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldn't have jumped in the water DIRECTLY in front of the boat to go rescue it. What if the wake from the rescue boat dislodged it from the rocks and it ran right over ya??? I know who thinks of that in a situation like that... Sad to see though. Hope no one was hurt.

Exactly what I was thinking watching it!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Sep 8 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Suprising it goes so straight for so far.

I took a while for the rope on the steering wheel to come undone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.