Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know how somw of you do it!
my normal stomping ground is Jefferson between the shores and Harrison Twp... but i had to go to 10 and Telegraph area to shrinkwrap 2 boats. happens that i finish right at 5 o'clock, and i never want to be in that kind of traffic again!!!
i feel for you guys who do it everyday

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Yup, sux to be us.

A good sound system and good tunes does wonders to help me through it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yup, 5:00 from over on that side of town, you just have to find a different happy hour for everyday of the week. I use to have the ride about ten years ago and I still can remember how much I hated it!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
And driving with your significant other makes it seem even longer sometimes.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Funny there happens to be a thread on this today bc I was thinking of starting one about idiot rush hour traffic...

like when you are flying along at a happy 35 mph on the freeway in the only lane that is moving and some eejot from the lane next to you moves over and goes the same pace as the slow lane he came from.... screeeech...

or those left lane experts who travel at the speed of slower than light and you can't get around them and they sort of revel in your irritation

-----but then, I've gotten yelled at by a friend of mine who saw me steering with my knee and braiding my hair on the freeway...

-----and I know for certain I swerve when I am excited about something... just ask cyndi..

so, I guess it all evens out in the end

·
Registered
487 Posts
Since moving up here from Pa. 3 years ago, one of the things that has always irritated me (like diaper rash, oops another topic) has been the rush hour traffic and the A$$holes who are the worst participants of this dance. Man, half the time I became one and that killed me too! I stop myself every now and then when I'm cruising along at 80 + mph 10 feet off somebodies bumper, and I say " Hey, chill out buddy let's live to fight another day!"
I work in Southfield now and have to do the Eastside to southfield everyday, but that's all changing by the end of Dec. when we move EASTSIDE and I'm travelin' all the right directions at the right time of day!!!
WOOO WOOOO!!!!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
And WHY is it called rush hour? There is no rushing. Its the slow hour. The dead stop hour. Gridlock hour. Rush? Don't we wish!

Driving down here in rush hour is insane. There are alot of retired folks in NO hurry for anything...they make it even worse. The poor working ppl trying to get home get stuck behind 2 snowbirds, traveling side by side...doing 10 under the speed limit. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I always seem to find jobs that start and end earlier or later than most and don't get too upset about rush hour. We'll see what the future holds.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
You were right in the mixing bowl, Mike. That's a nightmare any time of day. Good tunes and a fun-to-drive car makes things a little better.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i am NOT allowed to drive in rush hour traffic. alone, no big deal. 20 minutes or less, no big deal. anyone else in the car and any longer and i turn into that chick in 'the exorcist'.

i'm all about efficiency, and with rush hour being the anti-christ of efficiency... not so good.lol!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I drive from Warren to Livonia everyday to work...my route is Davison to I-96...

Right through the Getto...Oh my God the idiots I see.....I could write a book

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Nov 12 2003, 09:33 AM)i am NOT allowed to drive in rush hour traffic. alone, no big deal. 20 minutes or less, no big deal. anyone else in the car and any longer and i turn into that chick in 'the exorcist'.

i'm all about efficiency, and with rush hour being the anti-christ of efficiency... not so good.lol!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Too funny, the doctor tells me not to keep it all bottled up, so I rage against the machine!!!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Isn't it funny that, when you're driving, the people going slower than you are idiots and the ones going faster than you are maniacs.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
west bloom field area really sucks had to go out that way and try and get back home duriing rush hour ...man took for ever.. one lane roads around all thoes small lakes

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(PWood @ Nov 12 2003, 10:05 AM)Isn't it funny that, when you're driving, the people going slower than you are idiots and the ones going faster than you are maniacs.

Yeah, why can't they all drive the right way. Just like I do!!

People driving below the speed limit with no good reason do tick me off. People driving at or above the speed limit but slower then me I can respect. Peeps have to drive within their limits. People driving faster the me...
I don't see this very often but when I do I'm more then happy to let them find the speed traps for me.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I still like Robin Williams line the best when he was playing Mork on that show Mork & Mindy. He said "why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves"

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I can't drive....55 that about sums it up for me.......hate bad, senseless drivers.........Sometimes I just want to say, "Hello, can you see me now?'' It's like they have no purpose but to be in the way of others going about 20 under or they go 20 above (when you already are doing 10 over) and then get in front of you and go 20 under.........duh~

·
Registered
397 Posts
From my small town in NH to the Greater Detroit area.....Don't even get me started on this topic....

After being here one year, the traffic is the ONLY thing that honestly, truly HATE with a passion.

Oh the irony....we all hate traffic yet we go to work everyday to produce more cars

1 - 20 of 21 Posts