Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the Thames a few days ago,first time in a few years.I can't believe the sight of an empty river with no fisherman for 20 miles.Years ago the highway would be lined with cars.Guess what now you can't even park,no parkings signs everywhere.Now there is a size limit.Catch a few fish while you are freezin your butt off & you have to throw them back.The mnr probably has signs somewhere saying stay away we don't want you here.

It makes me sick.How many americans come here to fish the river.Nobody.The losses in gas sales,licence fee's,lodging,tackle sales have gone unnoticed by the mnr,politicians.The spring bear hunt,the stupid gun law.

Guess what i caught a few nice walleye & missed a few.The river is as healthy as it's ever been.Just the sick Canadian law makers slowly squeezing our rights & our outdoors down the crapper.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey Dave if you don't mind me asking .....were you fishing down river of the prarie
siding bridge or more upriver towards Chatham...might give it a try this weekend.

Thanks ...I'll give a report if I go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guy i was up river past the church.Might try some other spots.Sure feels good when you set the hook & rip some lips.Almost bass fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts