Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Yeah those are the same bone heads that get rescued by the air boats when the ice floats away cause they used a board to cross a gaping expansion crack. Nucking Futs People.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, I have to post my opinion on this one....I know we all need to be cautious but its perfectly safe to go out on the bay as long as you dont go out to far. My cousin was up there this morning and checked three different spots around Linwood and they all had 4-5 inches of solid ice. Just dont take machines, dont go to far out, and please please please dont go out when the winds are up. Thats how you set yourself up for trouble.

Other than that, its perfectly safe to walk out a couple of hundred yards and take a chance at some roaming perch!

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(Speedytwo3 @ Dec 23 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok, I have to post my opinion on this one....I know we all need to be cautious but its perfectly safe to go out on the bay as long as you dont go out to far. My cousin was up there this morning and checked three different spots around Linwood and they all had 4-5 inches of solid ice. Just dont take machines, dont go to far out, and please please please dont go out when the winds are up. Thats how you set yourself up for trouble.

Other than that, its perfectly safe to walk out a couple of hundred yards and take a chance at some roaming perch!
Sure i will agree with you on this one. If i were a local up there i would do the same. But i live 1hr/30min so it's not worth it to go and try for perch and a fluke eye here or there. Like i said i will wait until it's safe for the atv and fish the traditional eye haunts out 2 to 7 miles. To each there own be safe and enjoy! iT'S THE REPORTS I HAVE READ ABOUT DUDE'S FISHING THE RIVER 1 TO 2 INCH'S OF ICE CRAZY SOB'S. No way i would do that! But to fish out 100 to 500 yards on the bay in 1 to 4 fow, i can see that. Like you said NOT on a windy day though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.