Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time on the bay. We ran ten miles out off Thompson road. If you don't have a 4x4 with custom mud/snow tires, then stay home. I pulled out a couple of quads on my way out but everyone was safe. It was quite different and more extreme than anything I have ever done on LSC. We ended up with 7 eyes between three guys. I was 2 for 9, my one buddy was 4 for 7, and my last buddy was 1 for 2. All fish got damned near the hole before getting loose.
Sweedish pimple in silver and a chartreuse jig were the ticekt in 30 FOW.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
good time for sure Tony. I didn't like the slushy spots on the way back, that last one was a doosy
next time I won't be so hung over so I partake in a few more adult beverages

long way to drive for walleye and a long day in general I started at my house at 8am and just got home at midnight

·
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Robot Looee @ Mar 1 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>good time for sure Tony. I didn't like the slushy spots on the way back, that last one was a doosy
next time I won't be so hung over so I partake in a few more adult beverages

long way to drive for walleye and a long day in general I started at my house at 8am and just got home at midnight

Yup the slush holes really have a tendency to make you pucker up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wish I would of went. I went out 7 miles from st. lukes and crossed 3 cracks a few weeks ago its an adventure plus fishing at the same time, we might as well admit it were Frickin crazy to do it. I put metal screws in my tires and that really helps grip in the snow drifts, I havent had any problems this year and I dont have the best tires. Good catch there, Im suprised no lakers or whitefish in 30 feet of water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts