Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out this morning didnt catch nothing stay out all day caught my first one at 5 20incher and then caught the rest of my limit after dark 23 in 19 in 16 in and the big one 29 in lost alot at the hole to

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Dec 30 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>went out this morning didnt catch nothing stay out all day caught my first one at 5 20incher and then caught the rest of my limit after dark 23 in 19 in 16 in and the big one 29 in lost alot at the hole to
great report, how was the current? what colors and lures worked best

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there was no current at all but then again we still could not get to the middle of the river staying up close i was using a orange jigging rapala others were using green jig heads with stingers

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE(bob-ber @ Dec 30 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great report, and nice catch, enjoy

Where about on the river? I went to the Raft yesterday and did not do well at all after cleaning up on the Gills last week. Water was very cloudy. It made me start thinkin about the Saginaw river but I figured it wouldnt have good ice yet. How thick was it?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no not alot of people where i fish maybe 6 the ice vary's alot it goes from 3 in to 5 in and to an 1 in just have to use spud i only go out 10 yards where my hole is there are alot of people fishing off patterson rd it looks like a town out there but i fish next to the train bridge that is next to libarty bridge every one thats been fishing there has been catching walleyes the people off patterson rd are catching perch and smaller walleye going out tomarrow to fish i will leave a report saturday if i dont freeze to death the high for up here is only 15

·
Registered
281 Posts
My father and his friends used to clean up on eyes in the river all time. I have never tried fishing it, if we get some good ice, I will have to try as I have never pulled an eye through the ice. Thanks for the info, keep it coming.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts