Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad wants me to take him to Sage Lake this weekend. I have never fished this lake before. Can anyone give me some info on where to fish and what to fish with?? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Gofish,, my inlaws have a cottage on sage lake have fished it many times, there are 3 islands on sage focus around the islands, depending what your going for, the lake has a huge population of stunted pike not much over a hammer handle..... every once in a while giving up a nice one.........as far as bass go if when in your boat leaving the public boat launch on sage lake Rd. go to the right but go out far enough to avoid the sand bar, work the sand bars and around the islands the lake has some deep spots 80ft + rumor has it there are Walleye in there have not seen one in 6 years of fishing ,,,,, cruise the lake look at your contour's,,,,,,,if you happen to see a big white cottage on a big old hill that would the hang out......not a top notch lake but for Crappie, bass , and stunted pike not bad.......it will be a little weedy this time of year,,,,,,,have not been up this year due to my wife and i are expecting our Second child,,,,,,( would hate to have the baby in west branch or Rose city ) Post back and let me know how you did..... o and by the way if your there for the weekend and the wheather is nice watch out for the 268 Jet skis and 25 ski ers its a sports lake to say the least.......... good luck

·
Registered
666 Posts
I believe that there is also an open tournament there this weekend. I have been told to expect 20 boats or so at it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yea they have a bass tourney this time of year, its hosted by Kenyens bar which is located on the North side of the lake pull up dock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts