Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

·
Registered
962 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Feb 3 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

I should have never sold my ice fishing stuff. kicking myself big time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good Day, switching baits seemed to be the key. A flasher doesnt hurt either. Caught 25+ 3 keeps, 4 @ 14 3/4". Firetiger #5 jig rap with full eye minnow and stinger was the most productive. Current really changes throughout the day, at times you needed a #7. 3/8 fire ball jig would not stay in flasher view in 25' ow. Try a bare Minnow, Automatic fisherman says it works. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

Thanks for the reports! Was wondering what you could tell me about the bite after dark? I have fished until after dark a few times on the river but never really seemed to have much luck. With my work schedule and such it is hard for me to find the time to get there as much as I would like but was thinking about shooting up after work during the week. Of course I wouldn't even be getting to the river until like 7-8pm.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='kayceedee' date='Feb 3 2010, 11:43 AM' post='974073']
[quote name='Robert25' post='974035' date='Feb 3 2010, 11:15 AM']lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

Thanks for the reports! Was wondering what you could tell me about the bite after dark? I have fished until after dark a few times on the river but never really seemed to have much luck. With my work schedule and such it is hard for me to find the time to get there as much as I would like but was thinking about shooting up after work during the week. Of course I wouldn't even be getting to the river until like 7-8pm.

cant really tell you no one really fish's after dark i have once and a caught a couple but they say that is the best time to fish for walleyes

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Feb 3 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6 where did you catch them Im thinking about trying it this week with a buddy of mine. also any other info would be you can give me nice .

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

where did you catch them Im thinking about trying it this week with a buddy of mine. also any other info would be you can give me nice .

caught them in bay city by vets bridge stay in the shipping channel i was using #7 jigging rapalas best time is between 7 and 10 then 3 till dark but you have to move around alot i woulndn't stay at a hole any longer then 2 hours just move around and you will find them

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Feb 3 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

hope it wasnt one of the stingers i gave you

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='Robert25' post='974035' date='Feb 3 2010, 10:15 AM']lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

hope it wasnt one of the stingers i gave you

no it wasn't but i do have some walleye for you when you come up

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Feb 3 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lars66 and i went on the river yesterday both got 3 keepers caught tons of fish lost alot to we both lost some really nice fish went out this morning caught 5 no keepers lost one between 10-12 pounds at the hole went to gaff it and the damn thing bent my stinger hook straight seen a couple 4 and 6 pounders caught going back out all day tomarrow if anyone wants to go just pm me before 6

where did you catch them Im thinking about trying it this week with a buddy of mine. also any other info would be you can give me nice .

caught them in bay city by vets bridge stay in the shipping channel i was using #7 jigging rapalas best time is between 7 and 10 then 3 till dark but you have to move around alot i woulndn't stay at a hole any longer then 2 hours just move around and you will find them
Thankyou fo the advice and the location long drive up there would like to come home with some eyes. is there a place to park

·
Registered
196 Posts
ok guys i am going back out i will be out all day tomarrow to so i wont post till friday hagd and good fishing if anyone wants to come up this is where u park
901 North Water Street
Bay City, MI 48708-5621
i will be in all brown carhartts with i black sled that says lake st clair.net on it

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(Lars66 @ Feb 3 2010, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good Day, switching baits seemed to be the key. A flasher doesnt hurt either. Caught 25+ 3 keeps, 4 @ 14 3/4". Firetiger #5 jig rap with full eye minnow and stinger was the most productive. Current really changes throughout the day, at times you needed a #7. 3/8 fire ball jig would not stay in flasher view in 25' ow. Try a bare Minnow, Automatic fisherman says it works. Good Luck
I wont even fish there without a flasher!

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Feb 3 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok guys i am going back out i will be out all day tomarrow to so i wont post till friday hagd and good fishing if anyone wants to come up this is where u park
901 North Water Street
Bay City, MI 48708-5621
i will be in all brown carhartts with i black sled that says lake st clair.net on it
Thanks for the info. I haven't been up yet this year, I may try Friday, looking forward to your report!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts