Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it doesn't have anything to do with LSC, but I need help. I moved to the Vassar, MI area(15m east of Saginaw) 2yrs ago and my opportunity to fish the great lake St. Clair has dwendled to a couple weekends/year. I have thought the Saginaw Bay would be a good possibility to ease my SMB cravings but I can not find them. June isn't that tough when they are up on the shallow rocks, but this time of year is very frustrating. This year is especially bad due to the constant wind not allowing to safely run to the Islands - which I am still not very familiar with. Can anyone help me out, either specific spots, certain things to look for or general areas and depths???? I continue to find areas that if I was on St. Clair, I would load the boat, but there are no smallies. Please help.

Thanks!

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Been a while since I have been up to the Bay and it has been even longer since I fished it in the summer but the last time I was there at this time of year I fished weedlines.

Between Linwood and Meyers Beach areas there are weedlines that regularly hold bass of all sizes.
Find the weeds and find the bass.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ABA,

I will try to fish some more around the inner bay(dirtier water). I have been fishing mostly around AuGres, Bayport and out towards LK Huron. The clear water might be more difficult to locate the roaming summer schools that are probably following batifish all over the lake instead of relating to specific structure???? I have found beautiful areas with rocky ledges, weed clumps with rock and sand and several areas where I was on schools of baitfish but no bass.

I will start searching the various weedbeds in the inner bay and report back.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The bay just does not have the numbers that st. clair has and when they school up they can be hard to find. This time of year you can always get some fish off of deep humps on the outer bay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts