Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the ice is getting bad by the minute up here i will fish the river till the weekend and i will be done if you guys come up make sure you use your spuds there are a lot of guys going thourgh the ice. fishing is still going good though the bigger females are now just coming into the river

·
Registered
383 Posts
ahhh that sucks dude. bad ice and the fatties are coming in. figures. did you see my last report from up there? we got two tagged ones. i might just try to shoot up there, maybe we'll hit the bay though. im trying to figure out a way to get both my quads up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Mar 1 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the ice is getting bad by the minute up here i will fish the river till the weekend and i will be done if you guys come up make sure you use your spuds there are a lot of guys going thourgh the ice. fishing is still going good though the bigger females are now just coming into the river

I hear ya Robert. I went up Sat. 2/27. by the cement plant in Essexville. Caught a couple eyes and a perch but the ice was SPOOKY!!
Its just not worth my life to catch some fish. It was a good season, now i want to launch the Lund. Thanks for all your help this season Robert as i called you several times to check conditions up there and you were allways very honest.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Mar 1 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the ice is getting bad by the minute up here i will fish the river till the weekend and i will be done if you guys come up make sure you use your spuds there are a lot of guys going thourgh the ice. fishing is still going good though the bigger females are now just coming into the river

Is it possible to fish for the eyes from shore after the ice moves out? My spring break starts on the 11th, and i was thinking of possibly heading up there, and either trying from shore, or possible launching the kayak if the weathers 40+. Do you think id be able to do any good out of the kayak, seeing as it would be hard to jig and keep it vertical. Also, do you think most of the ice will be gone before the march 15th closure?

I wish i would have had a chance to get up there for the ice, but between school, work, and my grandpa being ill i just never had the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Mar 5 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>bad ice all over but we are still getting alot of nice fish. up in saginaw by wicks park the are fishing in boats and getting their limits

Do you know if the launch is open enough to get a boat in by the zilwauke bridge?Have done good there in the past

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
QUOTE(Robert25 @ Mar 5 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>bad ice all over but we are still getting alot of nice fish. up in saginaw by wicks park the are fishing in boats and getting their limits

How is the current in that area? Spring breaks in a week, and im looking for somewhere to launch on the river. Also, do how are the fees collected. Is it a DNR launch? Any info would be a big help.

·
Registered
407 Posts
"Thanks for all your help this season Robert as i called you several times to check conditions up there and you were allways very honest."

I second that. Thanks for all your help too. Need anything down here just hollah.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts