Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising down the South Channel around 5PM Saturday I passed a sailboat cruising down the center of the channel, nothing strange about that. Well a while later as I was looking for Riverside I looked behind me and this sailboat was crossing my stern looking like he was going to park at a dock but he wasn't slowing. I come to find out that he wasn't docking but instead slammed into the dock and then headed for the seawall, his mast stopped and turned him by getting stuck in a tree. As I turned to see if assistance was needed, the boat turned toward me and I still didn't see the skipper. He finally poked up and got his boat under control.

Anybody else see or hear about this? I am curious how he could go from the center of the channel and into a dock. My theory is he needed to use the bathroom and the autopilot kicked off.

Strangely I didn't see any damage to his boat, that man was lucky.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
He probably planned on just #1, but I'm sure he had a pant load of #2 before it was all said and done.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jul 6 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He probably planned on just #1, but I'm sure he had a pant load of #2 before it was all said and done.

But that's some scary stuff

Like the man that paniced @ the gas dock and ran up the rear of a nice go-fast
It hurt watching

1 - 7 of 7 Posts