Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that this report isn't for St. Clair. But it is from the water that feeds the lake...... Went to Port Sanilac Harbor and using glow in the dark cleo's, my son and i caught a 22lb Chinook, 16lb chinook, 15lb. coho, 14lb rainbow, or steelhead, 12 brown trout, between 9:00 P.M. and midnight... What a blast. 5 fish of that size in 3 hrs. Had the harbor to ourselve's in our flat bottom john boat and had a riot.. Dad 3 Jr. 2... well they were all fresh silver color and what a battle they gave us. water level seems down about 3 inch's from last year. Lost a few and had numerous hits. What a great time we had...

h2o<-----------says go get them and ask any questions you might have.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry not 12 brown trout,,,,,,,,12pound brown trout... oh my..lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey H2O

Did you trailer your boat up there? I was thinking of trying to boat up there for a day. Are they hitting during daylight hours. I would have to head back before dark.

Any news of action at the mouth of the river?

THX

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always try to fish for them @ NIGHT!!!!!!! Sure you can get them during the day but night is best. Of course early morning or early evening is good also. They dredged the launch there so i don't know how big your boat is but by all means trailor it up there. I'm sure salmon are doing good all over now... This is the time..... Also i did throw my flat bottom in the back of my son's pick-up truck and drive it up there... It seems best on the north end of the harbor.. (now that's in the harbor), leaving the launch there just get out far enough to cast back to the first drop off from the launch. If you fish during the day time i would use spawn and small bobbers,, put the spawn just 3-5 feet down.using #8 treble hooks. Eagle claw laser sharp!!!! or any will do. I hope you do well and if i can help please just ask.

h2o<----------say's hold on and handle the bull-doggin!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Attaway, H-man!! Glad to hear you got up there for the salmon and trout ... thanks for sharing the great info. Let's keep in touch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
We had an above average year for Salmon this year. We caught probably 3 times as many lake trout as we did Kings or Steelies though.

Slimeballs!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Greg, Thanks a million for the post and all the wonderful info you've given me over AIM. I can't wait to try this out on friday. I wanna catch me some salmon!!!

Rock on pal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts