Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

salmon

713 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Degaffer 
#1 ·
Hey everyone-
Brand new posting here, have been lurking all summer.
Awesome site as I have accelerated my success on lsc rapidly since finding this site!!!
Fall is approaching, and I'd like to know if anyone has info on silver fish in St Clair River. I've heard of them in spring, but don't know much.
Where, When, How?? - Help!

#2 ·
Welcome MILMO1 this place does rocks, With Mini guiding this site were all winners. Don't know that much about salmon in the river, but i spend my time in Port Sanilac, and Lexington. Its great being in the harbor or out in the Main Lake. I get up there about 4 o'clock on weekdays. In my flat bottom jon boat with electric motor. I'll set up with spawn and small bobber's set it about 3 feet down, using eagle claw lasher sharp hooks. Watch two bobbers till about 1/2 hour before sunset than start the Cleo casting. There the best to catch for sure. I'll stay till about mid-night. Casting the glow-in-the-darks cleo's, 3/4 oz. usually. Blast them with a camera flash. When they hit it's hold on and battle. Man vs. Fish time. Also watching them explode out of the water, followed by that giant spashhhhh!!! get's you excited like nothing else. Also all the bumps keeps the adrenaline flowing like a river. Man it will soon be salmon time, can't wait....

h2o

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.