Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
ended up taking Soule (Ryan) out for a short trip on the pond. Hit up the Salt River area & north of the selfridge launch. I pitched mepps (RBT, gold, firetiger) and he threw out lipless cranks. Foxy mama Xcaliber and chrome sexy shad. I later switched to a firetiger lipless myself. We fished 6.5 to 8.5 fow tryin to get to the random weedbeds. Found plenty but only converted to 2 bass. Ryan caught, but didnt land a small bass (approx 8") and I did the same. We ended up finishing up just after the sun set, the water was like glass. Plenty of clear water (could clearly see bottom) but E of the salt is pretty chopped up and stained. Lots of floating weeds, proly due to weekend traffic, im guessing. Better luck next time. Seen quite a few people fishing, but didnt see anyone pulling in any. We might give it another go tomorrow. How'd everyone else do?

Ended up towing a young kid stranded on a jetski. After pulling him back to his house, his mom said well guys did ya catch anything yet? We replied, no, not yet. She said, well at least now you can say you caught a jetskiier. LOL. yep. Good time on the water.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Fished the NBAA Double Barrell Shootout on Saturday. We managed to catch somewhere around 30 smallies. We turned in a weight of about 15lbs. Some of the smallest weights i have seen for this type of tourney on LSC were turned in. Last weekend we SLAMMED the TAR out of the smallies in the canadian waters. But thats been about all of that.

Hopefully start to pick up by 2 weeks from now. Got another tourney.

1,036 Posts
Fished with Ziado and another buddy along the mile roads Sunday morning. We caught ~20 smallies all in 16-18 FOW. Almost all fish were caught with tubes, some rigged drop shot and others straight slip over jigs. Nothing bigger than 17 inches though. Did see a few bass boats fishing out near the shipping channel.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
We hit Anchor Bay as well yesterday, fished the area from the base over toward the Selfridge launch with no takers.
One hit so hard it almost pulled me into the water, but let go as soon as it hit. I was standing on the back platform casting a Mepps and this one hit so hard and fast, it actually pulled me off balance. It would have been nice to at least see what I missed.
We moved over to the Salt River area, and I switched to heaving a St Clair Hound, for an hour or so, until my shoulder said Enough. Mad Dog decided to give it a try and ended up with a very confident largemouth about the same size as the hound.
Catfish Catcher was practicing her casting and throwing a firetiger Ratl-Trap and picked up a little rock bass.
No luck with the jet-ski's but we did see a bunch of them.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Great reports everyone. I wish I didn't see the one I lost off the Salt river yesterday BigDog. Was casting a bucktail when this huge Musky hit. We got her all the way to the back of the boat. Then she does this big jump with her head shaking and says good-bye. I can't stop thinking about her.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 13 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great reports everyone. I wish I didn't see the one I lost off the Salt river yesterday BigDog. Was casting a bucktail when this huge Musky hit. We got her all the way to the back of the boat. Then she does this big jump with her head shaking and says good-bye. I can't stop thinking about her.

I know that feeling, even worse when you miss it with the net just seconds before she spits the lure.
Was that you yesterday about 4:00, we watched a guy loose one right at the boat just east of the Salt?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
That stained water by the Salt yesterday was good for the muskies. Too bad they were little ones.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 13 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 13 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great reports everyone. I wish I didn't see the one I lost off the Salt river yesterday BigDog. Was casting a bucktail when this huge Musky hit. We got her all the way to the back of the boat. Then she does this big jump with her head shaking and says good-bye. I can't stop thinking about her.

I know that feeling, even worse when you miss it with the net just seconds before she spits the lure.
Was that you yesterday about 4:00, we watched a guy loose one right at the boat just east of the Salt?

I was out there untill about 5:00pm fishing in a blue Lund with RickJames. It could have been us we lost a couple lol.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know right where that stained water you guys are talkin about was...we ended up splitting from that area and decided to fish along the stain-line...kinda wish we stayed. Ahhh another day. lol

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 13 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 13 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 13 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great reports everyone. I wish I didn't see the one I lost off the Salt river yesterday BigDog. Was casting a bucktail when this huge Musky hit. We got her all the way to the back of the boat. Then she does this big jump with her head shaking and says good-bye. I can't stop thinking about her.

I was out there untill about 5:00pm fishing in a blue Lund with RickJames. It could have been us we lost a couple lol.

Sounds like the boat I saw, we were in the blue/white Stardraft closer to shore.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 13 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 13 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jul 13 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BASSTEK @ Jul 13 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great reports everyone. I wish I didn't see the one I lost off the Salt river yesterday BigDog. Was casting a bucktail when this huge Musky hit. We got her all the way to the back of the boat. Then she does this big jump with her head shaking and says good-bye. I can't stop thinking about her.

Sounds like the boat I saw, we were in the blue/white Stardraft closer to shore.

Yeah next time BigDog just look for the boat with the guy up front catching all the fish along with a guy in the back just washing lures. lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Papa Smurf @ Jul 13 2009, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ended up taking Soule (Ryan) out for a short trip on the pond. Hit up the Salt River area & north of the selfridge launch. I pitched mepps (RBT, gold, firetiger) and he threw out lipless cranks. Foxy mama Xcaliber and chrome sexy shad. I later switched to a firetiger lipless myself. We fished 6.5 to 8.5 fow tryin to get to the random weedbeds. Found plenty but only converted to 2 bass. Ryan caught, but didnt land a small bass (approx 8") and I did the same. We ended up finishing up just after the sun set, the water was like glass. Plenty of clear water (could clearly see bottom) but E of the salt is pretty chopped up and stained. Lots of floating weeds, proly due to weekend traffic, im guessing. Better luck next time. Seen quite a few people fishing, but didnt see anyone pulling in any. We might give it another go tomorrow. How'd everyone else do?

Ended up towing a young kid stranded on a jetski. After pulling him back to his house, his mom said well guys did ya catch anything yet? We replied, no, not yet. She said, well at least now you can say you caught a jetskiier. LOL. yep. Good time on the water.

Well atleast you have your "Good Carma" for the season. The fishing gods will repay you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts