Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good ice between cotton and the salt. I stayed on the shore side of the wind blown rip rap approx 100 yards out. Saw shanties out about 200 yards on the other side of the rip rap and a couple guys riding cycles. Ice was clear black 6 inches. Water was clear. Only fished 45 minutes between 4:30 and 5:15. 1 keeper sunnie and one 7inch perch plus 6 dinks all returned. Saw 3 jumbos. Sucked at the jigging rap but never committed. Have no idea how the ice on the salt is since I don't access from there

·
Registered
28 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Jan 5 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good ice between cotton and the salt. I stayed on the shore side of the wind blown rip rap approx 100 yards out. Saw shanties out about 200 yards on the other side of the rip rap and a couple guys riding cycles. Ice was clear black 6 inches. Water was clear. Only fished 45 minutes between 4:30 and 5:15. 1 keeper sunnie and one 7inch perch plus 6 dinks all returned. Saw 3 jumbos. Sucked at the jigging rap but never committed. Have no idea how the ice on the salt is since I don't access from there

where is this place located?

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Jan 5 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good ice between cotton and the salt. I stayed on the shore side of the wind blown rip rap approx 100 yards out. Saw shanties out about 200 yards on the other side of the rip rap and a couple guys riding cycles. Ice was clear black 6 inches. Water was clear. Only fished 45 minutes between 4:30 and 5:15. 1 keeper sunnie and one 7inch perch plus 6 dinks all returned. Saw 3 jumbos. Sucked at the jigging rap but never committed. Have no idea how the ice on the salt is since I don't access from there

saw people ridin quads and dirt bikes on the salt just west of jefferson on sunday

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE(SteelheadGeorge @ Jan 5 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(islander @ Jan 5 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good ice between cotton and the salt. I stayed on the shore side of the wind blown rip rap approx 100 yards out. Saw shanties out about 200 yards on the other side of the rip rap and a couple guys riding cycles. Ice was clear black 6 inches. Water was clear. Only fished 45 minutes between 4:30 and 5:15. 1 keeper sunnie and one 7inch perch plus 6 dinks all returned. Saw 3 jumbos. Sucked at the jigging rap but never committed. Have no idea how the ice on the salt is since I don't access from there

where is this place located?

just north of 21 and jefferson

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(beever42 @ Jan 5 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(islander @ Jan 5 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good ice between cotton and the salt. I stayed on the shore side of the wind blown rip rap approx 100 yards out. Saw shanties out about 200 yards on the other side of the rip rap and a couple guys riding cycles. Ice was clear black 6 inches. Water was clear. Only fished 45 minutes between 4:30 and 5:15. 1 keeper sunnie and one 7inch perch plus 6 dinks all returned. Saw 3 jumbos. Sucked at the jigging rap but never committed. Have no idea how the ice on the salt is since I don't access from there

saw people ridin quads and dirt bikes on the salt just west of jefferson on sunday

Quads, dirt bikes, sleds, micro bikes, one ran 3' from our hole sunday, they love the curves the salt has. But they were pressuring water up on the edges.

·
Registered
98 Posts
salt river is fine....6"-8" of ice. I think its called the meldrum drain where I start at. Till it intersects the Salt River then I head out to the lake. All is good there, dirt bikes were out there on the lake today but Imma wait till the weekend to test out the quad (what u all think? quads yet?)

Mouth was frozen over, but "cracky ice" going over it. just for that bit that broke off.

We caught about 40 fish with a dozen keepers. ( I keep at 8", but im going to raise that...
.........).

Hiya Chef.......great recipes..........tried a few and loved them.......

Now back to ur bike buddies...lol..........I had the same thing happen to me on Sat. these guys drove right past my shanty (portable) with their bikes, at ohhhhhhhhhhhh........................about 3' away, if that. front and back....

I was thinking to myself................(while i was laughing).....whats the point? Is it me or is that very rude????

I think its extremely rude..............hell, on soft water I avoid fishermen if I can or at least slow down so no wake.........I guess I need a cane...lmao......"U suck get off the stage".....

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
QUOTE(zanshin @ Jan 6 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All is good there, dirt bikes were out there on the lake today but Imma wait till the weekend to test out the quad (what u all think? quads yet?)

I would if I was gonna be around this weekend. Ice and water are perfect. Just need to find the biting keepers. Seems like the bigger fish and keepers gills are in the shorter water

1 - 10 of 10 Posts