Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out with icefisherman mark today about 1/4 mile south of the salt river. started off in about 4 - 5 feet of water, and about 150 yards from shore. lots of dinks with the occasional curious but not hungry 8 incher. so we moved out to deeper water and found what I thought would be a good spot - only because the wind blew my shanty over while we were pulling it and I had enough of fighting with it
we saw a couple nice large mouth bass and a muskie that I'm guessing was 12 feet long! so we moved back to shallow waters and got back into the dinks. mark managed one 8 incher. one time I looked down and my bobber was gone. so I looked in the hole expecting to see another dink with my hook in his mouth but to my surprise there was a 2-1/2 pound large mouth bass instead. that bad boy barely made it through the hole! not much of a fight from him, but he was heavy. mark snapped a picture and we let him go in another hole about 40 yards away from us hoping he would not return to scare any would-be jumbos away. when mark sends me the pic of the bass, I will add it to this post
pretty crappy day as far as fishing goes, but it was spent with good company

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Slow day for sure. And that wind was BRUTAL!! I thought we were going to end up over by selfridge with a few of those gusts. The musky was a nice fat one, woulda been good table fare had it been in season
Alan's bass was the highlight of our very sloooooow day. I don't understand why I drive 50 miles to have this lake kick my @$$ every single time, but if you're going to have a slow day you might as well have a good partner to keep you company.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
When you all go out?

I went from 10:30 -2 and it was non stop from 10-12:30, then it died down and we had another rush at about 1-1:15. managed to pull out 10 keepers 2 at 8 the rest at 9+

To me thats a good day. No big fish at all (bass pike etc).........can explain it a bit.

Saw a fair share of jumbos.

I think Im out about 400 yds in 5 fow over weeds........Ps one salamander too...

Wind was definitely brutal today.

I use minnows, but they were hitting those waxies too.

peace all

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(zanshin @ Feb 6 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When you all go out?

I went from 10:30 -2 and it was non stop from 10-12:30, then it died down and we had another rush at about 1-1:15. managed to pull out 10 keepers 2 at 8 the rest at 9+

To me thats a good day. No big fish at all (bass pike etc).........can explain it a bit.

Saw a fair share of jumbos.

I think Im out about 400 yds in 5 fow over weeds........Ps one salamander too...

Wind was definitely brutal today.

I use minnows, but they were hitting those waxies too.

peace all
we hit the ice about 7:45 and gave up around 2:00. I guess you were just in the right spot! that's why they call it fishing and not catching. but the way my season has been going, I think I deserve a day of catching...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Stick it out bro.............that area has been good to me all year.

Sure, I've gone out and got skunked (as far as keepers)......... but the times Ive taken home fish are way more than not.

BB

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you know I am bro! you and tony are pros when it comes to hooking up with cohos in the spring...

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(b_radici @ Feb 7 2010, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now why the hell you gotta go and post a picture of a largemouth on here?!?!?! I'm anxious enough waiting for the soft water C&R season to open. The suspense is killing me!!!

believe me, I wish I had a mess of perch to post instead

bass are usually fun to catch but that one hardly put up a fight at all. plus I went home hungry with no fish to cook up...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.