Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question to ask. It may sound silly but I was just wondering... With all of the mud running down the salt river right now from the flooding and so on... What will that do to the impeller in your outdrive, the engine and thermostat in your engine? I know sucking sand up into your outdrive and engine isn't the best thing to do, but what about the mud in the water? I haven't put my boat in the well yet and was wondering if I should wait a week until things clear up some more?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Rich, did you see the construction on my house???
New owners decided to revamp the building. Putting new seawalls in, etc..etc..

It's getting pretty old. Hopefully when I return from Key west, they'll be done

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Sand and mud are primarily the same stuff. They'll both reak havoc on your impeller, water pump, and entire cooling system. I would suggest to try to stay as much away from either as possible.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(MaryJane @ May 27 2004, 09:35 AM)Rich, did you see the construction on my house???
New owners decided to revamp the building. Putting new seawalls in, etc..etc..

It's getting pretty old. Hopefully when I return from Key west, they'll be done

MaryJane, I'll check it out tonight. I'm heading over to see how much stuff is floating around the dock where I keep my boat which is across from your house. Glad to see that the new owner cares.. Right where my boat sits all of the debris from the river would probably be hitting my boat. I'll also check out the prices over on your side for next year... Have a nice trip...

Hazy, thanks for the input,, I was just wondering if all the mud in the river would cause damage to the engine and such???

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ May 27 2004, 11:03 AM)I was just wondering if all the mud in the river would cause damage to the engine and such???
I wouldn't say damage, but premature wear most certainly.

·
12,052 Posts
Hey Rich, just wait until October. You should be safe then.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ May 27 2004, 03:35 PM)Hey Rich, just wait until October. You should be safe then.

Hammer, very funny... It's going in after I paint the bottom this weekend.... The reason I ask is because I lost one boat years ago due a log floating in the lake which I landed on top of... Took out a few planks from the bottom with cracks. That ended boating for that year..... It was right out of the marina and wham... Soon enough you can throw harpoons at me my friend.... Plus, the Walleyes are calling my name saying come and get me... haha

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ May 27 2004, 08:25 PM)Hammer, very funny... It's going in after I paint the bottom this weekend....
And this is my eighth weekend??

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ May 27 2004, 08:25 PM)It's going in after I paint the bottom this weekend....
you don't need paint-your boat is rack stored. the river is merky but i would not let it stop you from boating-and yes there is a lot of crap floating in the water from the heavy rains but heavy rains=high lake levels=able to get boats into little muscamoot

mary jane is that your new house going up at the mouth of the river?? WOW ..... I saw your kids putting in their jett skis with the new lifts installed.......jk maryjane......

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Hi Honey~I'm online!!!

PF is at Sundog's, I believe....anyway, he's not rack stored like you

Just keep a eye where you are going and what's floating around you......Should be fine once you hit the lake, PF.

Me....I'll wait to get out on the lake before firing up the genny and heat/air (not sure which I'll need this weekend, lol)

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 28 2004, 09:41 AM)Hi Honey~I'm online!!!

Just keep a eye where you are going and what's floating around you......Should be fine once you hit the lake, PF.

Me....I'll wait to get out on the lake before firing up the genny and heat/air (not sure which I'll need this weekend, lol)
Thanks ThreeCrabs... I keep my boat right across from MaryJanes house only closer to the bringe on Jefferson..
I'm not afraid of anything on the river just wondering. I still have to get the bottom painted.. Always something.. It looks like the rest of the weekend after Saturday is going to rain.

Hammer, like I said, I don't have a big Bob-Lo boat like you. No heater in it and no air conditioning. Just an open area with a cuddy cabin. I like it nice and warm and comfortable.. I haven't seen any weather like that yet this year except maybe for 2 days..

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ May 28 2004, 01:35 PM)QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 28 2004, 09:41 AM) Hi Honey~I'm online!!!

Thanks ThreeCrabs... I keep my boat right across from MaryJanes house only closer to the bringe on Jefferson..
I'm not afraid of anything on the river just wondering. I still have to get the bottom painted.. Always something.. It looks like the rest of the weekend after Saturday is going to rain.

Hammer, like I said, I don't have a big Bob-Lo boat like you. No heater in it and no air conditioning. Just an open area with a cuddy cabin. I like it nice and warm and comfortable.. I haven't seen any weather like that yet this year except maybe for 2 days..
They put up a garage and gave me new stairs. lol. these new owners are pretty motivated.

Too bad i'll only be there for a few more weeks.

then i'll be having a 'good bye to the salt river' party. to see me off to Royal oak.

Have a good weekend.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(MaryJane @ May 28 2004, 02:27 PM)Too bad i'll only be there for a few more weeks.
then i'll be having a 'good bye to the salt river' party. to see me off to Royal oak.
Have a good weekend.
MaryJane, I'll miss blowing the horn at ya on my way by. Good luck in Royal Oak...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts