Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Salt this morning and actually made it out on to the lake. Ice was great out past the rough blow in. 3 to 4 inches of crystal clear ice. Caught some dinks and one keeper. The perch were hitting good on minnows and jigging rapalas in 5 foot of water. Visibility is about 2 feet. Perch were taking the minnows a foot off the bottom.

***BE CAREFUL***
The ice shifted and split at the mouth of the river at about noon today. It could not be crossed. Large pieces of ice were only floating...it is not safe. My buddy and I, as well as some other helpful anglers, were forced to climb up on the seawall of a homeowner, and drop back down on the river to get back. Please use caution, but it should freeze back up in a day of so. Hopefully the wind calms down.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Great report, and it was windy as hell!! We fished the salt just to get our lines wet 2 dinks and one keeper(went back) on waxies. No hits on shiners. Most peeps on machines were pricks going 3' from our holes, doing wheelies coming at us(they are tough ya know
) and always reving near us and my nine year old in the shanty. Mind you some were respectful, and the salt has nice turns and stuff, but damn, there is enough room for everyone!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts