Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice day to be on the hard water. lite wind out the west sunny.
Headed down 2/3 the way to the barracks, and i mean nobody around us. Can see a few shanty's down by the barracks. The water level is definitely lower. what seem to be 4 feet couple of week ago, look more like 2 1/2 feet. Were a good 1/4 mile from shore and it`s 10.30 am
one stinking fish in 90 minutes between the 2 of us.
Now reports all week have been, just go left of the launch heading north and thats where a good number of shanty's are . Its noon we set up and keep are distance from the other anglers. were not there even 20 minutes and 3 guys show up within 50 feet of us.
what ever , maybe this is the spot, real weedy and maybe 3 feet deep.
1 hour later , nothing did`t even see a fish.
Couple more hours and i have to get home, lets head to Cotton road. Here we see the permanent shanty's and two are occupied. We go a good 200 ft east of them into some what deeper water. not as weedy but a good 3 1/2 feet deep.
The wind picks up and begins to come out of north. what is going on ?
this is the famous Cotton road, where guys fight for parking spots that have to hoof it to get these spots.. Sorry not in the cards today. Like one of the other post today
I have to agree ! if there is fish here today, needle in a hay stack. Guys were moving around looking for them just like us.
My report 2 thumbs down on SANG & Cotton ( to early to rule it out for the weekend )
Going back to metro tomorrow, at least were seeing fish there.
report tomorrow to follow..

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(yellownitro @ Feb 18 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice day to be on the hard water. lite wind out the west sunny.
Headed down 2/3 the way to the barracks, and i mean nobody around us. Can see a few shanty's down by the barracks. The water level is definitely lower. what seem to be 4 feet couple of week ago, look more like 2 1/2 feet. Were a good 1/4 mile from shore and it`s 10.30 am
one stinking fish in 90 minutes between the 2 of us.
Now reports all week have been, just go left of the launch heading north and thats where a good number of shanty's are . Its noon we set up and keep are distance from the other anglers. were not there even 20 minutes and 3 guys show up within 50 feet of us.
what ever , maybe this is the spot, real weedy and maybe 3 feet deep.
1 hour later , nothing did`t even see a fish.
Couple more hours and i have to get home, lets head to Cotton road. Here we see the permanent shanty's and two are occupied. We go a good 200 ft east of them into some what deeper water. not as weedy but a good 3 1/2 feet deep.
The wind picks up and begins to come out of north. what is going on ?
this is the famous Cotton road, where guys fight for parking spots that have to hoof it to get these spots.. Sorry not in the cards today. Like one of the other post today
I have to agree ! if there is fish here today, needle in a hay stack. Guys were moving around looking for them just like us.
My report 2 thumbs down on SANG & Cotton ( to early to rule it out for the weekend )
Going back to metro tomorrow, at least were seeing fish there.
report tomorrow to follow..
i was out this morning out from vase creek in 5to 6 ft of water seen 1 muskie but i seen some really nice perch only got 1 9incher tho thier not biting like they were a week ago but the water is 2 ft lower now il be out there in the morning like i have sence ice in

·
Registered
172 Posts
fished by the salt this afternoon, and the biggest fish were 8". super slow, 4 to 5 fish in the hole max. fished all my spots and some i've never hit. this is bad. don't know if it's the water level, but i've never seen it this bad. hope it get's better soon. had a GREAT early season there. (dec-jan)

·
Registered
322 Posts
i was out between cotton ans salt river yesterday from 1 pm till about dark, tried going out a bit farther this time to see if i could hit a lil deeper water, still only 4.5 to 5 fow, not many weeds and not many perch,seen a school of real small perch come thru once about 4 pm then had a bunch come in just as it was getting dark, got abot 15 small ones only 2 keepers that i threw back

·
Registered
692 Posts
QUOTE(skullboner @ Feb 19 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was out between cotton ans salt river yesterday from 1 pm till about dark, tried going out a bit farther this time to see if i could hit a lil deeper water, still only 4.5 to 5 fow, not many weeds and not many perch,seen a school of real small perch come thru once about 4 pm then had a bunch come in just as it was getting dark, got abot 15 small ones only 2 keepers that i threw back

This report sounds exactly like how the day went for me, in about the same location.

·
Registered
238 Posts
gettin later in the season and the perch are goin deeper to the "warmer" water. also their bite is less aggressive this time of year. dont give up though, just bring more beer! we'll be out somewhere by the salt area on sunday mornin. think my buddy has a new clam 2000. stop by, you'll hear cussing comin from it when he misses a fish!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.