Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called home to check my messages and got offered:

free installation and equipment on all tv's in the house

supposedly less expensive than cable; but, really, is it any good? In any kind of storm outside, do you lose your reception?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
i'd say its worth it, unless you are depending on your cable for modem

we did the basic package on two tv, free equip and install, 17.00 a month for a year, price then went up to 32 or so,

signal has only gone out once or twice and only for a minute or two, all digital signal, and payper view, etc,

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
I personally do not watch enough tv to justify paying for programing. If I did, Satellite + Tivo is the only way to go. Definately worth it if you pay for programming.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I also am considering this for my cottage because there is no cable on the island....

Only problem is there is also no one there to watch it in the winter. I wonder if they have a seasonal package.

·
12,052 Posts
I've had it for years, and love it. All digital and dolby surrond. Back when I had cable it was mono.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Best thing I've ever bought. I got an extra dish and receiver to put on the boat.
It's cost and extra $5.00 a month but I turn off that receiver in the winter.
Only time I've had a problem is when the snow packs on the dish in big storms but never have a problem any other time.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Waterlogged @ Nov 5 2003, 12:25 PM)It is for me.
Let's just say I have "connections"

I too have them, but we need to talk

I have both cable (Comcast Basic) and sattelite.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
what do you need that for, havn't you posted many times that you don't watch tv. do you even have one.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We are switching to direct tv next month. Gotta have satellite with TIVO, its the ultimate!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, hardly watch tv at all...

watching 24 last night on a HORRIBLE picture, though, was irritating...
basically, good thing I knew what the characters looked like so I could put the sounds to a face...

I just like having schtuff... been w/o cable for a year and a half....

still debating... then, thinking, if I get the satellite and it's free installation, may as well just go out and get a tv for my bedroom and have that "just in case"...

sucks having a spending problem...

Spenders anonymous is me all the way.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
ssssshhhh don't say anything, it's the best thing in the world especially when you have a programmer
One has to love the high tech world.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTEpauligan Posted on Nov 5 2003, 12:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sucks having a spending problem...

Spenders anonymous is me all the way.

Whats the problem

Spending too much or not having enough to spend??

No, let me guess. BOTH

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is the programmer?

The voice on my phone said three free months of programming... is it like a VCR but you don't need a VCR?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ Nov 5 2003, 12:50 PM)ssssshhhh don't say anything, it's the best thing in the world especially when you have a programmer
We NEED to talk...

Mini

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ Nov 5 2003, 12:50 PM)ssssshhhh don't say anything, it's the best thing in the world especially when you have a programmer
h34r:

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Nov 5 2003, 02:31 PM)Just called and it's a $90 activation fee and $40 per month...

pauligan, you need to talk to Cotty too... he'll fill ya in...

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I got a dish a long time ago. I loose the signal at least twice a day, when I push the "info" button, I get a "retreiving information form satellite. Please stand by..."
this message stays on the screen for almost a minute while I am missing the movie at the same time. I think it may be because the equipment is so old. We had an extra receiver for free for one year, but after the year was up the cost of the 2nd receiver was billed to us for a full year at a time. It was like $120.00 or so. I now only get HBO from the dish and use cable for the rest. Last time I checked, digital cable is about the same as the dish.
One other thing, to watch the adult programming, you have to hook your phone line to the receiver. WTF?! My dish has been nothing but a hassle since we bought it and I am canceling it this week!
In my opinion, a dish is great if you can't get cable.
just my .02

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well... I got a little info... and don't think satellite is worth the hassle...

Called WOW and will get basic cable and the "10-15 times faster" cable modem and modem rental for 59.77 out the door and no installation or activation costs...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts