Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trolled harnesses thsi morning off metro. Tried 10 -14 FOW. All I caught were weeds. Gave it a resonable effort from 6:00 am to 7:30. Maybe my set it is no good for the lake. I was using a three way set up with about an 15 inch lead to a 1oz pencil sinker and about a 36 inch lead to the harness. This set up has served me well in the SCR channels. Any advice?

Switched to tubes and drop-shot rubber worms and picked up five smalles in about an hour near huron pt. than had to head in.

It was gorgeous out there this morning and I wanted to stay out, but overall I thought the bite was slow and was going to stay slow with the weather pattern.

Anyone have better luck?

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
I sure didn't
, one rock bass about an inch bigger than the crankbait he hit, and a lot of weeds.
I got my butt spanked today. Mad Dog outfished me, big time.
I gotta stop having these fish dreams and talking in my sleep, he's learning all my secrets

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE(deuce @ Jun 27 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Trolled harnesses thsi morning off metro. Tried 10 -14 FOW. All I caught were weeds. Gave it a resonable effort from 6:00 am to 7:30. Maybe my set it is no good for the lake. I was using a three way set up with about an 15 inch lead to a 1oz pencil sinker and about a 36 inch lead to the harness. This set up has served me well in the SCR channels. Any advice?

Switched to tubes and drop-shot rubber worms and picked up five smalles in about an hour near huron pt. than had to head in.

It was gorgeous out there this morning and I wanted to stay out, but overall I thought the bite was slow and was going to stay slow with the weather pattern.

Anyone have better luck?
Had a terrible day also, justed posted regarding our day....but it was beautiful out there

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I never have any luck with a three-way rig, always a tangled mess. I use long painted wire bottom bouncers 3/4oz to 1-1/2oz and a 36" crawler harness or leader.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Caught near 30 but just couldn't get any real size. A couple 4's and lots of 2's and 3's. Had a hard time landing fish as well
Just one of those days. Started fishing at 6;30 and had a limit before 8. fished deep started at 20' and stopped at 26'. Only caught a few short fish shallow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts