Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same report, different day. Fished between huron point and the st clair light from 645 till 10. Caught 3 walleye, 1 small mouth and 2 rock bass. Most came on gold blade harnesses with silver beads, I coludn't find any with red beads. Speed was 1.7 - 2.1, using 1.5 and 2oz bb's. All came after the sun went down. Still having some problems feeling the bottom, have to work on that.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Aug 16 2009, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same report, different day. Fished between huron point and the st clair light from 645 till 10. Caught 3 walleye, 1 small mouth and 2 rock bass. Most came on gold blade harnesses with silver beads, I coludn't find any with red beads. Speed was 1.7 - 2.1, using 1.5 and 2oz bb's. All came after the sun went down. Still having some problems feeling the bottom, have to work on that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Aug 16 2009, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same report, different day. Fished between huron point and the st clair light from 645 till 10. Caught 3 walleye, 1 small mouth and 2 rock bass. Most came on gold blade harnesses with silver beads, I coludn't find any with red beads. Speed was 1.7 - 2.1, using 1.5 and 2oz bb's. All came after the sun went down. Still having some problems feeling the bottom, have to work on that.

Nice fat fish, how deep were you? Thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
Nice catch. As islander said, use a braid or superline, and you'll not only feel bottom, you'll feel every rock, weed, plankton, etc., lol.

I use fireline, but I'm sure any of the new superlines would do just as well. Super sensitive (and tough!) stuff!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Aug 16 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Aug 16 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>. Still having some problems feeling the bottom, have to work on that.

Are you using braid for your main line? If not, that will solve your problem. I highly reccomend power pro

I'll second that.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Aug 16 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>17 - 18'

Been using mono, i'll have to try the others. Does the polymer knot work on them?

Yes, use the palomar knot for the superlines.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Aug 16 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Zib @ Aug 16 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Aug 16 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>17 - 18'

Been using mono, i'll have to try the others. Does the polymer knot work on them?

Yes, use the palomar knot for the superlines.

Can I add 1 or 200' to each reel on top of the mono? What knot to tye them together?

This is actually the preferred way to do it since the super lines have a tendency to slip on the reel without a mono backing. Saves you some loot as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts