Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out around 6:30 PM on Saturday approximately 3-4 miles past the border on the way toward the Thames in about 17-19 FOW. Was in search of walleye and of course got skunked (starting to become a trend of mine lately
) other than a nice bass that put up a great fight. I was marking a lot of fish, and thought I was gonna pull a few out, but no 'eyes unfortunately. Was trolling with wiggle warts and hot n' tots at about 2.2 mph. Where are the walleye!? Trolled for muskie on the way back in, of course got skunked again. Double skunk - no fun. Not even a rip. Oh well, at least it was nice out and got to see the fireworks coming back!

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Get out by the firecracker just a few hundred yards east of the shiping channel. Go back and forth a few miles south of the cracker it's self. Use lite line and them tots, in metalic colors. Play in that whole area. Enjoy.

h2o<--report from there

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey H2o--appreciate your posts man. Congrats on 1000. I bet I am up to 5 now.

You think everybody knows that the firecracker is the big light marking the channel/river entrance on the north side of the main lake?

There are always fishing boats out around there....just a bit south of it....so he should be able to find them and the area. You see the boats sometimes before the light.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thank-you santiago on the 1,000. The firecracker is the boundry line between canada and usa, that i'm aware of. Look on a map to make sure your in the usa while fishing there to make sure you don't hit canada without a liecense. It's a good fishing area this time of year cooler water pumps it from the South Channel. East side of shiping channel is best when i've been there. Just stay a few hundred yards of the channel and you'll be in the USA. Check the map for the boundry line. Just troll 2-4 miles south-southwest of the firecracker, start a half mile from it.

h2o<--says lots of species there.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
QUOTE(FLiP6735 @ Jul 4 2004, 08:40 AM)Went out around 6:30 PM on Saturday approximately 3-4 miles past the border on the way toward the Thames in about 17-19 FOW. Was in search of walleye and of course got skunked (starting to become a trend of mine lately
) other than a nice bass that put up a great fight. I was marking a lot of fish, and thought I was gonna pull a few out, but no 'eyes unfortunately. Was trolling with wiggle warts and hot n' tots at about 2.2 mph. Where are the walleye!? Trolled for muskie on the way back in, of course got skunked again. Double skunk - no fun. Not even a rip. Oh well, at least it was nice out and got to see the fireworks coming back!
Too fast for walleye and too slow for musky. Sorry I could not resist, but I think you might want to slow it down for the walleye some. Might help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts