Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Do we have enough cash and gas to play on?
Talk about it here...

Keep this in mind though, before taking your boat to the gas station to fill up. People are still having a hard time getting gas. There's a lot of stranded cars out there, and people that can't go anywhere because they don't have gas. People filling up their boats are not getting the friendliest respose at the gas stations! If you're filling up on the lake, I'm suire that's a different story.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I say we are still on. Is there a lot of power still out over there. Windsor is back up for the most part now. We have had power at the Cove since about 10:30 last night. I'm heading to the boat soon, going to fill er up and then head to Metro.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I planned on going BUT the boat is empty and the few gas stations that have power have lines that are a mile long and like Mike said , pulling in with the boat and topping her off with 80 gallons might not be the right thing to do.
I guess I will wing it. If I can find a station early tommorrow morning I will try and gas up.

I'm at 9 and Harper and still no power here. My parents live and 12 and Jefferson and they have power. It should only be a matter of time now.
I'm gettting tired of listening to that stupid generator. Why couldn't it sound like a 540 thru dry exhaust ? then it would be tolerable!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Heard on Ship-to-SHore Channel 69 that Mac & Rays has a generator so gas is available. So is Sassy Marine. We're going there tonight.

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Hey,
Seems like we should call this "Fun Run" off. There are still a lot of peeps out there without power,water and or gas. Out of respect for them I think we should take a pass on this one. This is a time for families to be together and I know I would not be real comfortable leaving mine at home tomorrow. If I do anything....I might take my
family on the boat and just go and sit somewhere and swim so I'm not burning a lot of gas.
Anyways, I hope that you are all are safe and sound!!! Take care!!!

XO

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I just spoke to C-Girl and got the low down on your situation over there. I had no idea you guys were in so much worse shape than we are. The power is on pretty much every where over here. We have gas and ice and water and beer. If we have to cancel the run, I guess we have to cancel it.

Does anyone know if Metro is open? We had plans to head over there tonight but that isn't sounding like a great idea. Anyone with any info, please call me at 519-981-3778.

Thanks,

James

G

·
(Christine here)
We have power (as of 2:30 pm today), but still no water--nothing, not even a trickle. I don't feel comfortable leaving the kids with a sitter if we don't have water.

Plan A: Water comes back by 10:00 pm tonite (the time I told the sitter); we're still fun-running somewhere, as long as we get the boat gassed up.

Plan B: No water; we do like the XO's and take the whole family out on the lake (with soap and shampoo) and make a day of it.

We also don't have gas in the boat (yet). I think we're going to do a mid-night or after run someplace and fill up. We're playing that one by ear...

What are others' thoughts?

~Christine

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
hey, Xo! They didn't have power at the marina today....no boats down, no gas, no head pumping. We were gonna go out but my head is full and the gas tank is empty! Is there a way to convert?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I went out to Marine City this morning to a friends house to charge my cell phone and do some shopping. We ran into St. Clair to get ice, beer & a little food. The place we were planning on running to tomorrow has power. Weither or not they will be open tomorrow I don't know.

My boat don't have enough gas to run any place far (under 1/4 tank). I don't know about Fermenteds boat.

I say we just hit the Moot or maybe Strawberry and have a little party. We haven't had a party in a long time!

NoCode

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Let's push it out a week or 2, I just got my power back.

I say we all meet out at the moot on Sat!

BTW - MY BOAT IS OUT OF TH SHOP!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm still interested in heading out to the moot, if the Fun Run doesn't happen. Anybody plan on just doing that??

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I fully under stand the reasons for canceling the run. That said I feel like a kid that just had his favorite toy smashed by the neighborhood bully.
I was SO looking forward to this run and parting with all of the peeps! Any thoughts on rescheduling???

As for out here in Waterford….still no power.
Township well still seems to be full pressure.
I see by the amount of users online more peeps are getting power back.
I'm still running on the genny.

·
Registered
954 Posts
OK all. Here is my opinion. We have had power and gas up here in Clay Twp since this Morning early. If we want to meet up here there is MANY places to get gas. Places like Deckers Sassy's, Algonac Harbor Club. Not to mention on the south Channel, Walkers, Tashmoo, And others the are slipping my mind. I will be at the HCN at 10:30 who ever want to go meet then and we will do this run. If I go by myself so be it. I will meet you all in the Moot around 1 or so

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
My opinion is the fun run should still be a go! There were some gas stations open today and I'm sure there will be more tomorrow.

However, because some people won't be able to make it tomorrow due to circumstances beyond their control, and now the weather is sounding iffy, another fun run can be scheduled for next week (?) and rent the flying dingy at that time.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hey guys,

I stayed at Sassy last night to save my food and sleep in comfort...ran Generator all night

Filled up the car and boat at Sassy's dock this morning. At that time, they had 5000 gallons of fuel left (11am). I consumed 14 for car and about 212 for boat. Cars and boats were coming in so fast.

They told us, once they run dry...no gas until Monday! So I would call first. Maybe they got an extra truck to come today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
954 Posts
ok I can understand the issues, but I have my boat ready. I want to get a good run in before I take the boat to The Lake Of the Ozarks. I need to know If the props on the boat need to changed. It is always humid as Hell down there and tomorrow it will be the same here. If I can't hit my rev limiters tommorrow I need to find a set of props for the conditions down there. I may be selfish but I am honest. If nobody shows up I will be to the bay sooner but look forward to the fun run. Boat has gas and the cooler is 1/2 full of beer. After all I had to do something today. So I drank some of the beer I have for the MOOT after the run.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
I just want everyone to know that we are still going I am going with Jon and Canadian girl. I 've had some rather disturbing bowel movements this evening, kind of worried about tomorow, been taking a ton of exlax but its just getting worse? looking forward to tomorow

·
Registered
530 Posts
from the looks of things I guess i'll see everyone at the moot tomorrow. We got gas at walkers around 830 or so.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts