Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've never tried or seen someone try the tricky way to get hooks out of bass that have swallowed them, cameraguy - who's an expert at the technique - got In-Fisherman magazine to print the description with pictures on how to properly perform the 'minor surgery.'

It works great. I can even do it now. It's a slick trick. If you get In-Fisherman, check it out in the Feedback section. I think it would help any bass angler return more fish back into the lake in good shape.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Dan, going to have one more reason to pick up the InFisherman magazine now. The only thing I have been able to find is a pair of 12" sidecutters with flat arms instead of the round ones that flex. These you can stick right down the throat and cut the hook off below the lead and tube so that all you leave is a small piece of the hook. Not perfect but fast and a lot better than leaving the whole jig in there with line hanging out the mouth. They'll even cut a 4/0 hook right at the tip of the cutter blades. Hopefully I can master the surgery technique, it sounds like the way to go.
Love the look of the new site by the way.
Brad

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Camera Guy has always been famous. Just ask him. LOL Good going Mark. Nice to see some else's name in the Mag. for a change. See ya at the Field next week, Bob

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Brad.

Yes Mini. It's the Jeff Snyder trick. The text mentions that Mark attributes it to Jeff. He told them he got it out of the Lake Erie Smallmouth book by Mark Hicks, but In-Fisherman edited that part out. It works pretty good.

Bob 'The Legend' Brunner, we have a number of 'famous' persons on this site. I've seen other sites brag about their's. Maybe we should have an "Are You Famous - please explain?" forum???

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Dave, maybe "are you infamous and explain" might be better for some of the people on this site.

Jim

FYI - djkimmel's name is Dan...lol

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
I thought so Dan, I mean Dave, no Dan....lol

That is a cool trick and it works. One word of warning.....if you dont do it right you will most likely kill the fish. I have killed a few learning.

Mini

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I made Mark...I mean cameraguy...do it about 20 times while I watched before I was brave enough to try it the first time. Now, I will even do it by myself!

Don't worry about my name. I answer to many things. I think I've said before Bish calls me **shole and says, "that's right, I called you by your first name" so for a while, I thought that was my first name.

Come to think of it, he was calling that again the other night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.