Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Vendor
12,828 Posts
We are saddened this morning with news of Stephanie's grandfather George Stockwell passed away last night. He was 88 years old. Please give Stephanie a cyber hug for her heart is hurting.

I was fortunate to know George for about 5 years. As some of you may know he once was a fellow LSC boater for some years. He and his wife owned a cottage out on the Sni Bora. I always looked forward to hearing his stories of the lake and his years out there. He kept his old Lyman boat at Decker's Landing and was out there every weekend just like many of us enjoying the lake and all that it offers. Stories of family and friends visiting the cottage. All the great memories of life on the Flats. He was a good man. We will all miss him dearly.

Some of you may have met him at our chili cook off Steph and I held a few years ago at our house. He came in, sat down and ate 5-6 heaping cups of that chili. "I love it all", he stated to me that night. We all got a kick out of that, and will never forget how much he enjoyed seeing everyone.

Water Glasses Boat Vision care Watercraft

Attachments

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
So sad, my prayers being sent.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Our thought's and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Steph and Bill, It saddens me to hear of your loss

The both of you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Stephanie & family,
I'm am so sorry for your loss. May your wonderful memories sustain you through this difficult time. Your grandpa sounded like he was an awesome man. Your family is in my thoughts & prayers. RIP Mr Stockwell.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,542 Posts
So sorry for your loss steph

but remember this as we lose our loved ones of age.

they are the greatest generation we will ever have they brought us from working the fields to
working monitors from horses to space ships from war to victory.
That generation has done more for all of us then any other will.

The honor and respect the greatest generation has is something we should all live for.

so Steph as your mourning your Grandfather thank him for all he has done for us.

your in our prayers
Mark & Camille

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Sorry for your loss Bill and Steph, you both are in my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.