Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question to anyone that directs or runs bass tournys.

We have a scale for our events. (a digital meat type scale). It works well, but when you have a lively stringer in the basket, the darn thing loses tare.
We had an event out of Erie a couple of weeks ago. Those smallmouth flopin all over kept screwin up the zero. Weigh-in took forever.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions, or new of a good scale that wouldn't cost the club an arm and a leg.

We try to get the fish back in the water as fast as possable. This just isn't cuttin it any more.

Thanks for any help in advance Greg Wisniewski

·
Registered
342 Posts
You may not a new scale.
I do many weigh-ins and have found that if you place the fish
in a Black fish bag you will find that they will calm down and
it will make for a quicker weigh in.
Try it and I think your problem will be solved.
Hope this helps
Paul S.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
I have used Equalizer scales for about 8 years now and I have found it to be a good reliable scale. Also if your scale goes down during season they will send you a replacement while yours is being fixed. Solid company and a solid scale. I suggest the the MS30 cost is about $325.00

Here is how to contact them.

http://www.fishingworld.com/EqualizerScales/

1-800-458-8709

·
Registered
307 Posts
We have went to the black bag trick, and it works! Ask Doug at Greater North, that how he weighs his fish. No need for a 2nd basket or plastic lid.

Mark Dowd
www.bigwaterbass.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Look up www.lanebros.com .They are in Romulus and sell and service scales off all types and sizes. They have developed a program that deals with the flopping around of the fish. At least one big tournament organizer in this area is using it. For those who already have scales, they can fix them. It's all done local too, right in the shop. Call 734-782-4451 and ask for Terry Moody. Tell him you talked to Jon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts