Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,831 Posts
My dad lives near Ft. Meyers! What's going on around there? I can't get ahold of him

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(makowish @ Aug 13 2004, 01:50 PM)My dad lives near Ft. Meyers! What's going on around there? I can't get ahold of him

He has probably evacuated!

Charley is 70 miles south-southwest of Fort Myers right now. It's supposed to make landfall 20-some miles north-northwest of there.

·
Premium Member
15,831 Posts
That's not good

·
Premium Member
15,831 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Aug 13 2004, 01:15 PM)Hurricane Charley upgraded to Category 4
Winds top 145 mph as storm nears Florida

That's not helping the fact that I have family down there <_<

·
Premium Member
15,831 Posts
Good thing they aren't rafting down there this weekend!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
My parents live in Port Orange (near Daytona Beach)
Just talked to them and they are all prepared with water, flashlights, ice....the works. Mom said they are expecting 100 mile an hour winds or more. She cooked some food even made coffee because they expect the power to go out. And they know where the nearest shelter is...hopefully they won't need it

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have a dear friend in Tampa area, she is hiding. She's supposed to come up here next week (thursday). Here's to wishing her a safe hiding place and minimal, if no, damage to her home.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
We have been watching Charlie pretty close...and holding our breath. It pretty much missed us (we are south of Naples). Talked to friends down there, very windy & the water is coming up, but they dont expect any major problems. Keeping those in the path of Charlie in our thoughts and prayers....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.