Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody keeping an eye on Hurricane Charley? It sounds like it slid past they keys causing minimal damage, but is bearing odwn on the Tampa Bay area pretty good.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I just talked to Moneyshot, her and her hubby are in Florida, they had to vacate and headed towards Lauderdale....Charley was on it's way! Scary.

Run Moneyshot, run!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts

Uh oh.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
My dad lives near Ft. Meyers! What's going on around there? I can't get ahold of him

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(makowish @ Aug 13 2004, 01:50 PM)My dad lives near Ft. Meyers! What's going on around there? I can't get ahold of him

He has probably evacuated!

Charley is 70 miles south-southwest of Fort Myers right now. It's supposed to make landfall 20-some miles north-northwest of there.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
That's not good

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Aug 13 2004, 01:15 PM)Hurricane Charley upgraded to Category 4
Winds top 145 mph as storm nears Florida

That's not helping the fact that I have family down there <_<

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Good thing they aren't rafting down there this weekend!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
My parents live in Port Orange (near Daytona Beach)
Just talked to them and they are all prepared with water, flashlights, ice....the works. Mom said they are expecting 100 mile an hour winds or more. She cooked some food even made coffee because they expect the power to go out. And they know where the nearest shelter is...hopefully they won't need it

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Moneyshot just emailed me... they made it to Lauderdale last night and it is 85 and sunny there today!!

Hope everyone is alright in the areas that the storm passed thru.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I spoke with my Grandmother who lives pretty close to Tampa. She said it's turning south towards Ft. Myers!

·
12,052 Posts
Charlie hit land......Sanibel Island

Hope the Condo is still there.....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have a dear friend in Tampa area, she is hiding. She's supposed to come up here next week (thursday). Here's to wishing her a safe hiding place and minimal, if no, damage to her home.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Aug 13 2004, 04:54 PM)Charlie hit land......Sanibel Island

Hope the Condo is still there.....
Here's Sanibel. When are you going there?

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
We have been watching Charlie pretty close...and holding our breath. It pretty much missed us (we are south of Naples). Talked to friends down there, very windy & the water is coming up, but they dont expect any major problems. Keeping those in the path of Charlie in our thoughts and prayers....

·
Registered
82 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE THE KEYS SURVIVED. MY INLAWS ARE IN NAPLES AND ARE OK. NO POWER, BUT ALL IS WELL

POINT OF LANDFALL WAS CAPTIVA ISLAND. I JUST HAPPENED TO BOOK A CAPTIVA VACATION THREE DAYS AGO. WE'LL SEE??????????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts