Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing the SCR in Port Huron, man are we getting alot of 14" walleye, the odd 19"range but lots and lots of 14" ers, anyone else?

·
3,236 Posts
I have noticed a lot more juvenile fish this year as well. It is a great sign since I really did not see many at all last year. Picked up a 14 incher last night that saved from a skunk over by gull island last night.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was fishing the St. Clair area yesterday morning and boated 8 14" fish. I have been catching lots of 14" fish over the past few weeks in the SCR. This is good news for the future. (all 8 fish went back)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I too have been putting the little guys back, but I am the only one I see doing that, I am seeing alot of fish going in the coolers. Is there not a minimum size? Canadian side no limit on size, US side, 15" I thought?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great job Jay. I hope I can get out there this weekend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We had an average hatch on Erie in 2007; those are the current batch of 14-15" fish folks are catching around here. A lot of fish that spawn in the Western basin make the move north, often as far as Saginaw Bay, so its likely the same year class.

Eric

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
We had a bunch of the 14" fish a couple of years ago and then the next year we slaughtered the 17-18 inchers. Just wait till next year!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Scubajay @ Jun 25 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Minimun size on the SCR is 13" (as is Lk. St. Clair) on the US side.

Here is a .pdf with the 2009 walleye regulation for Michigan and Ontario

View attachment 63044

After opening the link I remember reading that earlier (my bad). Thanks for your reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts