Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished in marine city for the first time the first ten min. got a 14"er then nothing after that tried drifting harness, jigging, trolling up river down river deeper,shallower. nothing. what im i doing wrong???

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
when i tried to just drift with b.b. the harnesses kept on getting tangled with the b.b. I got this next week off if anyone wants to guide me on my boat or yours...shot me a p.m. or something show me the ropes. oh ya i for got to mention i got a little rock bass from 60 fow

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 3 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>when i tried to just drift with b.b. the harnesses kept on getting tangled with the b.b. I got this next week off if anyone wants to guide me on my boat or yours...shot me a p.m. or something show me the ropes. oh ya i for got to mention i got a little rock bass from 60 fow

Bottom Bouncers are useless and will just tangle your harness unless you are moving a little faster than the current. If you are drifting without a trolling motor, you need a 2 oz pencil sinkers. get the pencil sinkers with a swivel at the top. (This will keep you from using 2 snap swivels instead of 1.) attach your crawler harness to the same snap as your pencil sinker and drift with the natural current flow.

Another method used this time of year is chugging. Chugging uses no pole, just line wrapped around a winding stick with a special type of sinker with a short cord and a treble hook attached to it. A piece of rubber is attached to the treble hook. The sinker is bounced off of the bottom by hand, and when a walleye hits it is brought in hand over hand and usually just flipped in the boat. If you unfamiliar with flipping fish into the boat without losing them, then use a net.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks boom.... like i said i have a week long fishing bender coming up and the weather looks good for next week

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Go further north. Some buddies and I took some fish between Marysville and the Black River this week. We were jigging. Hope you find a program. I'd take you but my "vacation" is over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts