Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my water toys is, a sea doo. It is a 1995 SeaDoo SPX, brand new short block after a couple long summers of trouble.. I am having some troubles keeping it running after it is warmed up, if it shuts off, it is nearly impossible to get started again......I talked to a guy that said he knew what he was doing and he mentioned that I may have what is known as a gas vapor lock somehwere in the fuel line...can anyone offer some useful tips or recomendations?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Vapor lock is when either air gets in the fuel line or the fuel boils and turns to vapor due to excessive heat. Vapor is expandable. It is like trying to drink frome a cracked straw.

Ensure that the fuel line connections are all tight and look the line over for breaks, tears, cracks etc. Also check for proper routing of the fuel line especially where it routs near heat producing components (engine, exhaust, etc.)

You may also check for blockage as it can also cause a vaper lock type of condition. Check the filter and make sure the fule line port in the fuel tank is clear.

Does the engine turn over well normally? When hot? Have you (or someone else) calibrated the carbuerators in the last few years?

·
12,052 Posts
call our sponsor jetcrafts unlimited. they are the best on seadoos. 586-725-2600.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts