Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every1 happy to be here just got my approval second time on site first time for post just letting every1 know going to seacord lake this weekend to do sum perch fishing will post catch and ice conditions saturday evening when i return home. fished the canal over by jefferson and metro beach 2 weekends ago caught about 20 gills,and about 15 perch nothing to right home about but made for a good day a busy day anyway. Be safe on that ice.
Hand Blowfish Jaw Finger Fish

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE(perchmaniac @ Dec 29 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello every1 happy to be here just got my approval second time on site first time for post just letting every1 know going to seacord lake this weekend to do sum perch fishing will post catch and ice conditions saturday evening when i return home. fished the canal over by jefferson and metro beach 2 weekends ago caught about 20 gills,and about 15 perch nothing to right home about but made for a good day a busy day anyway. Be safe on that ice.
View attachment 70284
Welcome to the site! I have a place on secord lake but have not heard of many people catching perch
on it. Where on the lake are you fishing if you don't mind me asking. I know the lake very well
so if you could give me a couple land marks I'm sure I could figure it. Thanks again. Maybe I'll see
you there this weekend.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I used to go up to secord all the time. Haven't gone since 2006. I miss that lake.
Caught pike , bass,bluegill, tons of turtles and carp up there. I only caught occasional perch, not enough to target them.
The DNR has stocked walleye and Muskie in there but not in a couple years
We did all of our fishing up by th roadside park off m-30. back down that road and then to mohawk trail.
good luck. welcome to the site

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Dec 30 2009, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I used to go up to secord all the time. Haven't gone since 2006. I miss that lake.
Caught pike , bass,bluegill, tons of turtles and carp up there. I only caught occasional perch, not enough to target them.
The DNR has stocked walleye and Muskie in there but not in a couple years
We did all of our fishing up by th roadside park off m-30. back down that road and then to mohawk trail.
good luck. welcome to the site
Thanks for the info on secord lake I have a place right in the area that your
talking about I think I'm going to try there this weekend. Thanks again.
Good luck to all and stay safe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Dec 30 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wixom , sanford, ross lakes as well as pratt, wixom and lake lancelot are good lakes also. Lancelot is loaded with pike.
are you right on secord?

Yeah north west of the eagles club if you know where that is. You said you turn on mohawk trail. Instead you go straight and follow the curves you will run right into my place.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE(dpondo @ Dec 30 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Dec 30 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wixom , sanford, ross lakes as well as pratt, wixom and lake lancelot are good lakes also. Lancelot is loaded with pike.
are you right on secord?

Yeah north west of the eagles club if you know where that is. You said you turn on mohawk trail. Instead you go straight and follow the curves you will run right into my place.

I'm going up to Secord Lake this weekend due to the slow fishing on LSC. I'm going to hit Palmer Rd on my way up and the Secord on Saturday and maybe Wixom Lake on my way home. I'll let you know how I do when I get back. Good Luck everyone and be safe out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My friend has a place on the lake right off 30 and w.river rd not really sure were to find the perch im new to the lake but his neighbor claims they catch perch and lots of gills but u know the best thing to do is stay mobile and use the vexilar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE(perchmaniac @ Dec 30 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>p.s. is mohawk trail off of lake shore drive.
When your driving down m-30 you make a right just after the state park on fiekbiener rd and take that about a mile and it comes to t in the road that's cedar lake rd and hang a left. Go another mile and then turn right on to Bowman rd take that about a mile and a half and Mohawk Trail will be on your left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts