Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting sick of fishing Genos and metro beach... thinking about heading out from the library at scs Sunday morning and doing a little searching. Has anybody been outside of the boat dock area and on to the main lake? Is the water clarity okay or still murky?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
the ice was 1 to 2 inches at best at blossom heath on saturday out on the pond. in the canal area it was ok by the docks but not through the middle.

·
Registered
992 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jan 27 2010, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the ice was 1 to 2 inches at best at blossom heath on saturday out on the pond. in the canal area it was ok by the docks but not through the middle.

I talked to a few guys coming in from the lake and they said it was 6-8" thick but soft on the surface. If you are going out to the lake bring a spud and be carefull

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been fishing the lake just past the break wall for a couple weeks now. Water has been very clear, but who knows now with this wind. The bite has been decent in the morning, and very slow in the afternoon. Lots of dinks, with a few nice keepers in the mix. I'm not trusting the ice right now, but it looks like it will be fine again by Saturday. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
yep, saw a guy in the marina at the library but no one on the lake yesterday. I wouldn't trust the lake behind the library until Sunday. Should be good by then. You can see open water... too risky right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts