Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you guys were right....the movie was a good one to watch. I don't know if I'm just been more emotional more than normal, but it made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Quite inspirational I must say!!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
When I read the title of the thread, I thought you were talking about the Detroit Lions!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I TOLD YA SO!!!!!!!

That was ME that ranted and raved about that movie ~ I thought it was just fantastic!!!! Made me feel really good inside too - the way movies are meant to do

Happy you like it - BobRob20 also rented it and pm'd me that it was awesome. For those of you that haven't seen it yet...RENT IT!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fireman you truly make me laugh!!

Yes....Shandog, I see you!!...I was you who inspired me to watch it!
Good taste girlie!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Robynator @ Mar 8 2004, 11:04 PM)Fireman you truly make me laugh!!

Yes....Shandog, I see you!!...I was you who inspired me to watch it!
Good taste girlie!!
I mean (hee hee.....it's the paralyses on with the right arm and the wine!!) "It" not "I"!! We need automatic spell check!! <_<

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Its really good rent it, i thought when shandog posted it might one of thoes chick flicks but it wasnt..

Dont rent that new one with dennis quaid and sharron stone , it sucked.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
ttt

not sure if Tues night is a $ucky tv night lineup or not - if it is Second Hand Lions is my suggestion to rent - i'm tellin' ya - it's really really good

·
Registered
197 Posts
Another Great movie I just rented and watched is

"Dickie Roberts Former Child Star"

Little bit of a tear jerker here and there , VERY Funny and good all around happy movie for family or anyone. A ton of former child stars are in here like Greg Brady, Lief Garret, Danny Bonaduce, Screetch, ect.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
I would have liked to have seen it, too . . . <_<

I guess I'll just have to PAY for it . . . AGAIN . . .

any NICE PEOPLE want to watch it with ME?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
A friendly reminder to grab this flick on your way home from work you guys
It's really heart warming - and not a chick flick - just really really good

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Mar 14 2004, 11:42 AM)I bought this movie yesterday and watched it this morning...

it's [email protected]!! I cried happy tears at the end!!

lol..

ps, shandog, no staple gun!!
your phone never kicked into voice mail mode!
Gaywod!!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
k.. have to say.

Typically I'm the cryer of all cryers - and love all uplifting emotional movies... rented this movie friday, honestly ... never cried once, found a few scenes chuckle worthy but really couldn't wait for the movie to be over ... maybe I was having an off day?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I rented the movie and thought is was a great movie. Had a little of everything, feel-good, drama, comedy, suspense as to how they got their money, ect. It was definately not some Blockbuster with a 50 million budget (not into those tyes of movies with 2 car chases, shoot em up, and throw in a love story). It is a good wholesome movie great for the family or anyone.

I liked it because it was different, and with Robert Duvall in a lead part you cannot go wrong, from Godfather to Colors to anything he has done he is Great.

The movie could have been a real tear jerker at the end if they wanted it that with with his Uncles. But instead I found it a somewhat happy ending and the boy, now a man, was right to believe in what he did. Do not want to add more it could ruin the ending.

Great movie, tear jerker, not intended to be, but it will make you warm and fuzzy.

If you want a Tear Jerker, go rent "Whale Rider". I hardly ever get emotional, but when she read the poem in school about her grandfather, that got me, and then again in the end when she was riding the whale. Very rare for a movie to hit me like that.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
YEAH Pauline
BTW - just got back from Damman's - bought a staple gun and am starting the chairs shortly. Just got done spackling a few spots on the walls too - go me!!!

Happy you guys liked the movie - we cracked up when the lion was in the corn field and was purring just like a big ole fat happy cat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts