Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,743 Posts
Where will U be staying ???? There are many boat launches around the lake. I would think U would want to launch and fish close to where U are staying. With a 16' boast U dont want to be going across the lake, even if its calm because the winds can pickup at anytime and its a big lake. So please let us know where U are staying and then we would be able to guide U in the right direction. If U can spare $250 ( I belive thats his rate) I would hire a guide to fish for muskie. There is a local guide that will take U out casting for muskie in anchor bay. Depending on where U live this may be the best chance U have to catch 40-50" fish. The muskie fishing has been great this year. I will check back later to get your location and try to help U out.

· Registered
8,743 Posts
Well I see the walleye guy PM'd U. He probably told U that there doing pretty good on walleye out off the shipping channel in 17-20' of water just make sure U stay on the north side or youre in canada. The walleye guys have also been catching quite a few muskie out there. Ive been fishing for muskie out by selfridge in 6-8' of water and have seen some nice ones, and caught smaller ones. The bigger ones always seem to not get hooked or get off. There should still be muskie down by the dumping grounds. The key for me has been to find some nice weed beds 6' or deeper. Use a heavier pole with 20+ lb line and I would pickup 2 bucktails, there easy to use, dont weigh half a pound and more musky are caught on them in the lake than anything else. Cast them over the weedbeds using a quick retrive, drift around until U get a follow and then work the area pretty good, because there will be more in the area. The BP station at 9mile/jefferson should have a nice selection of bucktails, there AD and # are on the side of the board here as they are a sponsor. GOOD LUCK fishing the lake..............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.